• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

valve problems?

  • Thread starter Thread starter 885.0conv
  • Start date Start date May 25, 2010
8

885.0conv

Member
Jan 9, 2008
238
0
16
Phoenix, Az
May 25, 2010
#1
  • May 25, 2010
  • #1
I was noticing that my rockers were louder than normal and I was also having acceleration problems below 3K rpm. When I opened up the valve covers I noticed that the bottom of the covers showed signs that the rockers were hitting the covers. I was able to get some covers that clear the rockers. I went and reset all the valve lashes but when I went to restart the car there was white smoke coming from the driver side of the engine. I only cranked the car twice for about 3 seconds each time but the car did not turn over. The exhaust manifold were still cold to the touch. I was wondering if my valves are messed up since the rockers were hitting the covers. Also any clues on what to look for that is causing the white smoke.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Drivetrain Broken clutch cable- what it looks like
  • JulianR
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
637
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 10, 2026
gkomo
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
401
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
521
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Sunday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
J
'04 3.8L V6 mineral deposits and oil on #3 cylinder. Does it need a rebuild or something simpler?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Mar 18, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
15
Views
558
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 29, 2026
gkomo
J
Emission problems
  • jls.zmmr
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
297
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Feb 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?