VIN number paint code and interior advice question

Sorry to have 2 topics going at once. But I am stripping my and installing a full black interior. And after pulling everything out I am noticing that it looks like my car was actually red. And I am kinda digging the red color. It is a 88GT and I was wondering is there a way I can find out the exact name of the color/paint code from the VIN number? It looks like that Strawberry red color, but I dont think that was a option in 88.

My other question is. Not that I am everything stripped out. Is there some good fixes or things I should do prior to putting the new interior in? I was thinking sound deadening. But is there anything else you guys would recommend? I already did a heater core.

Cheers.

i got 2 rolls of RAAMAT. it was about $250 shipped. ive done everything but the doors, the doors are said to be a huge trouble spot. i have more then enough material, just ran out of time.

it made a huge difference!

i ran new independent speaker wire while the carpet was out.

It was already stated but I'll say it again...replace all the crappy factory wiring for your stereo. I also used fatmat for my sound deadening...I had removed the factory sound deadening when I was more interested in drag racing (and I was poor...it was cheaper to lighten the car than to add other power adders!) so the interior noise was terrible. I "fatmatted" just about everything! It was cheap (around 120 for 100sq ft!) and relatively easy to apply. I would also suggest getting some vinyl dye and paint for the interior. both latemodelrestoration and mustangsunlimited have paint for the interior.

Clay