Wacky stuff

Driver460sz

5 Year Member
Jan 14, 2019
New Hampshire
Let's go back a few weeks. ECU and TS were not talking. Microsquirt had to be rebooted and was. Time was loaded. Car started.....phewwww.

Changed MAP sensor, new plugs, new wires, new battery, new PVC and some new vacuum hoses.

Now: NO Start, backfires/pops, fuel pump kicks on as it should and off in 3 secs. Then kicks back on 7-10 secs kater and the tack bounces all around. I was able to pin the gas to the floor ans start it, only once, and it idled but bounced and was high (1500). Shut it off after about 2 mins of that.

Did another vacuum leak test....all good, no leaks.

Car just turns over and will backfire one HUGE time. Worrisome there.

I have two days to get this thing back up and to idle.

HELP!!!!

inertia swith is good.

• Sponsors (?)

Fuel pump should be on with the engine cranking. If it takes 5 seconds for it to turn on while cranking, sounds like an electrical issue. Check all your connectors and grounds. If you have a power train control module (the fuel pump relay is inside it) on your vehicle, check its connector as well.

If engine is not cranking, pump should go on for about 2 seconds after you turn key on, then will turn off and should stay off.

Try switching the MAP out with the old one.

Triple check the firing order.

I have no knowledge of Microsquirt. If the engine will run with it removed, remove it to prove it is not the cause.

Last edited: