Wanting 9.5” wheels under front & 11” under rear fenders of 73 Mach 1

I am in process of getting a non original 73 Mach 1 with a 72 front cap as a fun hotrod project. This car was built from three wrecked cars of all three years and has a 460 from who knows where, so keeping it all original is already out of the question. This is a toy that will be raced hard in the autocross after I get rid of it’s 720 pound engine; I’m not worried about keeping it all Ford, but would like to keep it all American.

I want to tuck 9.5” wheels under the front fenders and 11” wide wheels under the rear using high positive offset wheels. I’d like to run 275MM wide tires under the front. To do that, I either need tall wheels, a spindle swap, or a complete front suspension change. How much back spacing can I run and keep the wheels off the front springs? Will removing the bump stop/ outer spring covering cause uni body flex?

If I keep the stock suspension, will 18” front wheels clear the top of the ball joints? Anyone have pictures?

In the back, I can go 7” to 7.25” deep without touching the leaf springs. That makes 11s doable with the widest tires that will fit on them, but I will probably stay with 315s.

The width of the Corvette C4 front suspension is just right, and I’d love to graft a Z51 handling PKG with 13” disc brakes under the car but I don’t have the money for that right now. If only doing a spindle swap, I don’t mind a GM spindle with a 5 on 4.75 pattern because then I could run the Torque Thrust II wheels with Vette offset or the C6 Zo6 wheels which look a lot like the Mustang Shelby wheels of today. I can have a machine shop alter the spindle openings for the larger Ford ball joint etc.

Whatever wheel I buy will be bought in used condition because of my lack of budget and high medical bills – so custom built wheels are out of the question. I’m looking for the economy answers; no need to mention $1,500 aftermarket racing suspensions with $2,500 disc brake upgrades – nothing like that.

BTW: I’m new here – hi everyone.

Cody

• Sponsors (?)