Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

Also been chatting with Dave from aardvarc and it seems as though he mainly reupholsters with the German vinyl. He has a few option to do some cloth covering but not a lot of options. He said if I wanted to do the plaid or herringbone I would need to source to material myself and send it to him with everything. Bad thing is now it’s just upping the price bc from what I’ve found for the plaid upholstery online I’ve seen 16X24 little pieces for 60-100 bucks. He said I’d need at least 5 yards for the center sections for front and rear seats. Maybe I’ll check out a couple of local upholstery shops and see what they would charge me to get it. I even asked about the tweed herringbone and he said yes he has it and sent me photos but it’s not herringbone but rather houndstooth which I love that pattern but not for my car unless I did a red version!!!! The bad part about doing Vinyl/leather outside and tweed inside is then it going to look like a basic fox seat until you have to do a double take when you see the Recaro tag etc. currently the plaid is winning and I don’t see myself getting tired of it 5 years down the road, and...... if I do well crap I’ll go to an upholstery shop local and say let’s redo the center sections with something different.

• Sponsors (?)

These are mine. Not sure if they are the same. I’ve seen the ones that also just have horizontal lines.

Last pic is my disassembled headrest netting

D317AE49-7948-4C82-B951-16C3E0B1AB3C.jpeg
824F2400-F596-4649-B3B3-827C40F537DC.jpeg

5FDEA5D6-53FF-49D4-B9E8-FF7A51F2F226.jpeg

What’s your all opinions on these? I really like the plaid fabric I posted, but I’m into this Audi stracato red/blk checkered fabric!! Feel like the color matches pretty well with my car interior as well. Did a couple of quick crappy photo shops of that one and some darker houndstooth.
FEA834C8-FA29-4A02-AD46-B8C28581EB39.jpeg
5CC8B60E-DE56-4BAD-972E-B9EDE4845F5F.jpeg

What’s the rear of the interior theme? Fairly OE? Or any other acccents?
I’ll be taking the upholstery that’s covering the current redone seats off and sending them to that guy Dave, and he is going to make me matching rear seat covers, then I’ll take them to a shop I’ve used before to get them covered. I like the idea of the door Panel inserts matching as well like you talked about possibly but not sure. Other than that, no other plans. I just have to get enough material for the center sections. So he’d go vinyl on the outer and then centers would match up to the front
7502E933-3146-44FA-B967-33BE5FB965B7.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
Even though I do like the plaid, I’d feel like I’m copying this guy who did the corbeau seats in the plaid material he just ran it in a different direction pattern wise. But idk the guy, probably never cross paths so it’s not the biggest deal. 6ECA9387-9863-4652-871A-5CB5E68A415B.jpeg

Do you plan on adding additional black? Black carpet maybe?

This is one of those things where whatevery you choose should match the theme of the interior so it looks like it belongs there. If a good chunk of the interior will remain red, i think you need to incorporate that in the seats as well. Maybe red stitching?

I always thought your interior was black :shrug:

Do you plan on adding additional black? Black carpet maybe?

This is one of those things where whatevery you choose should match the theme of the interior so it looks like it belongs there. If a good chunk of the interior will remain red, i think you need to incorporate that in the seats as well. Maybe red stitching?

I always thought your interior was black :shrug:
Nope I have red interior with the black accents. Which is why I sort of miss my red seats. I am not planning on changing my carpet as I like the red carpet, door panels, headliner etc. But...... with that it does make it harder to decide on what to cover my seats in. I wanted to go back with scarlet red seats but that’s showing to be harder than I thought, and the guy where im sending the seats said he only has BMW cardinal red vinyl, which isn’t a match. So yes that’s why I like the plaid seats which has a little red and black and looks cool. Surely the reds are a different shade but it’s not enough to be a big eye sore like throwing in bright red seats which would stand out. I also like that Audi checker which seems pretty close to the scarlet red but I can’t find one pic of any seats with that material. I also thought about just going all black vinyl or black vinyl with a black alcantara middle then just stitching in a scarlet red thread VS a bright red which would look pretty good as well. Around the seams, and even the corner seams on the headrests etc
3FEC6A19-4774-4140-9BCC-609AB9185F1A.jpeg
E2ABEA6D-7B2A-46B2-A139-40616477BBF1.jpeg

Wedge brackets finally came in! So while I wait for some headrests to come in, and debating what color, pattern etc I want to do I tossed these in, rails should be coming soon. I the passenger side fits great, and seems like I’ll have clearance for the Pro-m ecu under the seat. The drivers side fits but it is snug up against the tunnel where it pushed out. Don’t think it’s gonna be an issue. @2000xp8 did yours do this? I was thinking maybe I could bust out the dremel and trim it slightly but idk.
64BA4ED9-5005-4358-842A-1AA7A903051C.jpeg
6431A46C-296C-4888-83BB-2ABBE97575E2.jpeg
C0E0947B-5429-4E4A-9BCA-8678D4AFA947.jpeg
0F8E53E1-DDBA-4C9F-B026-5B8222C2CB1D.jpeg
721F3EA8-5FA2-4751-835D-841231906C42.jpeg

Took my rear seat backs in to an upholstery shop to color match. Found the vinyl and the tweed. Think it might be cool to have them look some what original in color and then whaaaaam you’ve been bamboozled those aren’t stock seats, thems is Recaros!! I’m stuck on 4 colors, either all red with tweed center basically like original. All black with scarlet red stitching. The plaid is still top on the list. But this Audi stracato checkered matches up very good, and just centers like the plaid with black vinyl on the outer.

Yup. To mount the sliders to the tracks. You'll want to do a test fit to make sure the bolt holes all line up and the bolts clear in the rail channel.

On final install, i had to bolt the sliders to the seats first, and then bolt the sliders to the bases and then put that in the car.

Got the brackets and sliders in, so decided to try the drivers side and tossed in the single LSB seat just to see how it looks, if there would be any problems with the sliders and the bolt heads. @Mustang5L5 i was looking at your seat installed around those links you sent me in an early post here. Was your seat all the way back in those pics? Looking at your seat, and where mine is pushed all the way back they seem to line up at the same spot on the center console. I ended up just buying the wedge sliders for Recaro seats. I may still trim a little on the drivers bracket to keep it from being up against trans tunnel area, plus I think that would let it sit down better on that side of the bracket as well as bolt down easier on that right side. These sliders seem pretty nice, glide smoothly. I thought maybe the sliders would go back a little further, but where they are at is actually comfy, shifting is nice but would still need to drive the car. The mounting points for the sliders to the seat I did at the yellow arrows. I had to open the hole slightly. Do these make a difference on the amount of sliding you get? Like what if I mounted the slider at the first elongated oval hole and small hole up front then use whatever hole available for the rear single mount hole. Maybe I’ll try that on one of the LSC seats and mount to see whether it makes any difference. Not gonna lie trying to mount the seat to the bracket while in the car is kind of a PITA!!!
475DAAA4-9D6D-4777-9776-39261BDB500F.jpeg
B9074E13-ABBA-4025-A6E4-07AAD5B6DC5F.jpeg
811EB74E-ECA2-4A12-9589-EEC54C931B75.jpeg
46B75CAA-4944-4CD7-B0C2-E3849D6C0ACF.jpeg