Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I don’t know about the seats....... but I’d like to know what the full wording is on that tape measure decal thing on the floor. I’m guessing something funny? Full pic?
I don’t know about the seats....... but I’d like to know what the full wording is on that tape measure decal thing on the floor. I’m guessing something funny? Full pic?
ha that’s just my dart throwing line my father in law bought for me!!
50323280-6514-4E0C-97D1-FCE6E1C83F00.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

The one thing i will add is that if you do send them out (i'm not pressuring you to do so), is that the guy that did mine didn't charge more or less if they needed foam or parts.
So make sure you know what you are committing to once you start buying things for the seats.
I had lists made up from various sites (if i remember correctly i couldn't find it all in one place) adding up to a few hundred dollars. Thankfully i never pulled the trigger because those said parts weren't going to lower the cost. So instead of having $1000 seats, i would have had $1300 seats that were exactly the same.

I'll post this here instead of muddying up Mikes thread.
I took a look at pics of both sets of brackets.
If the pics on the planted site are truly what you get, not a stock photo, i can say pretty much for sure the back side of the wedge brackets are stronger.
Also i'm not sure what other sites sell for, but the wedge brackets are $100 each, with $70 a slider.
And the planted site suggests $160 a bracket, no slider.

Another thing i'll add is that i'm pretty sure the recaro sliders i used were "with tabs", which i believe to be the holes at the ends which let you fine tune the seat angle and height.
I don't see provisions for those tabs on the planted.
Nor do i in pics of the of the mounting points on wedge brackets, but i know they exist because i have them.
You will have to ask Mike if his had the tab mount holes. for brackets like these (just an example)

Mine are the no-tabs sliders. I don’t even think my seats have the provisions to use the tabs. Did you use them on yours?

i paid $140 each for my brackets at the time. Can’t recall why I chose them over wedge though. I don’t believe it was any significant reason though.

Last edited:
Yeah, mine have the tabs. It's the sliders that have the tabs, not the seats. So any seat that takes the slider can also take the slider with tabs.
Then the brackets have round stock welded down each side that are drilled and tapped to take a screw. Lets you control the pitch of the seat by having 3 mounting hole heights on the front and back.

If you look at post #1377, his last pic, that is the same idea, just looks different on whatever bracket that is.

I'm kinda felling the planted brackets cost more, but you are getting less.

@Mustang5L5 @2000xp8 im lost with the tabs and slider options. I have currently 4 sliders, 3 identical and I’m not sure if I can even use them with those brackets or if I’m just better of buying new sliders in general. I also have a Recaro slider that looks like what 2000 posted with three holes I guess for height adjustment? Mike are yours a fixed seat then and don’t have a slider function?
044F01C0-746E-4C40-ADC8-10776A4DDB3F.jpeg
723B1925-C1C5-4C22-B668-C9675325883C.jpeg
F01A0C66-13E7-46D8-982B-ACD12382F954.jpeg
692A301F-DC55-4372-B458-2C6F5258104B.jpeg

Yeah, mine have the tabs. It's the sliders that have the tabs, not the seats. So any seat that takes the slider can also take the slider with tabs.
Then the brackets have round stock welded down each side that are drilled and tapped to take a screw. Lets you control the pitch of the seat by having 3 mounting hole heights on the front and back.

If you look at post #1377, his last pic, that is the same idea, just looks different on whatever bracket that is.

Is this what you are talking about?
7DB6B22A-F102-48B9-A50F-7A6F178ABB8C.jpeg
89741381-55DD-4709-925D-C2CB6BD69B8B.jpeg
816A83EA-77AE-4589-AC6B-72C75B8F7FE9.jpeg

Ahh... I see it now. Wish I realized this back when I was looking at bases. I may have gone a different route. I’m really not complaining too much about my current setup though. I like it a lot

@Mustang5L5 @2000xp8 im lost with the tabs and slider options. I have currently 4 sliders, 3 identical and I’m not sure if I can even use them with those brackets or if I’m just better of buying new sliders in general. I also have a Recaro slider that looks like what 2000 posted with three holes I guess for height adjustment? Mike are yours a fixed seat then and don’t have a slider function?
044F01C0-746E-4C40-ADC8-10776A4DDB3F.jpeg
723B1925-C1C5-4C22-B668-C9675325883C.jpeg
F01A0C66-13E7-46D8-982B-ACD12382F954.jpeg
692A301F-DC55-4372-B458-2C6F5258104B.jpeg

I’m using the sliders. Looks like you have three sliders without tabs, and the one you are holding does have tabs. The non-tabbed ones bolt directly to the seat, and the seat base bolts to the slider. I think I have pics in my old progress thread. I’ll see if I can dig them up

These were my sliders.

F92D6915-D91C-4CF4-90D3-60EB2B051A09.jpeg

If you start at post #1135 I show some details of bolting the seats into the car. If you go previous in the thread you’ll see pics of me taking them apart

Ok so I put the 3 sliders I have up to the seat, but the bolting point is off. if I line the lower single point up the mounting part on the rail is way past the double screw in area. Guess these are just the wrong sliders?
80EB9379-6AAF-4685-884B-5196B25DAFD6.jpeg
D144E25B-3B1E-4848-985D-4D7812E34E66.jpeg
3D349FB3-577D-4282-9F1F-ACEBF8FA4DF9.jpeg
AF690439-BBF6-409F-90C5-D3DA87087F78.jpeg

Those are definitely different than mine. I think mine are like the single slider you have. Can you remove that off the base and test fit it? Recaro sticker against the seat. I think the bolts are M6 or M8 bolts.

one hole will need to be enlarged. If you line up the two at each end it should be obvious.

I’m using the 0.70.9NT sliders.

I'm going to help add to your confusion.
I went through some old emails and found a bunch of pics i had to send to wedge when something didn't work out with the slider release bar. From what i remember, the sliders are reversible, meaning you can have the release bar on the inside or outside.
I think my seats required outside and they sent me inside. So i took some pics to show them.
They then sent me a new slider (for the record, it was one big experiment, so i was doing 1 seat at a time, i had yet to order a second). Well, they sent me a new slider set with the correct bar (which was drop shipped for them) and both companies refused to take the original sliders back. So i bought some round stock from home depot, bent and drilled a new bar and had 1 free set.

I found some old pics from the email to wedge, but i don't think you can go by the part numbers, based on the pull bar being wrong. But maybe it gives you an idea.
For the record, i'm a trainwreck when it comes to pictures. That's why i never post any around here. I have tons of cloud storage all over the place and 20 years worth of pics mixed anywhere and everywhere. These just happened to be in an archived email.

WP_20150908_11_37_43_Pro.jpg WP_20150908_11_24_24_Pro.jpg WP_20150908_11_32_50_Pro.jpg WP_20150908_11_32_54_Pro.jpg

That's how mine are mounted as well. Mine are the inside bar version though. Part numbers on the slider are 464953 and 564953. Managed to find the install instructions, although they are terrible.

So this track here is what is most similar to mine and the above tracks. Mine are inside bar though.

This face bolts against the seat bottom. The red bolts holes mount to the mounting holes at the very edge of the seat bottom, and the blue holes will line up with the double set of mounting holes up front. I do remember having to drill them larger to match the other sets of holes.

If you scroll up to my pic, you can then see them bolted up. You need to put the bar in and slide them up or down to get access to the mounting.

I know...confusing.

1618278431818.png

ok yea woah lol. So I know for sure I have a seat of those Recaro sliders but the bar is or was on the outside and seems big and does a weird V bend in the middle. So now I’m debating whether I should I just order 2 new sets of sliders and brackets or just do the brackets and new slider and run the old one.

You also don't need to use the sliders. You can always bolt the seat to the base and then bolt it in. Might be an option on the passenger seat, and then you can use the slider on the driver's seat.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user