Weekend progress PIX engine build and mock-up....EFI

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
Well after a small glitch, I've got the motor together! I still need to check my push-rod length but thats no biggie. I had some valve to piston clearance issues but I got over that after I figured I wasn't on TDC when I installed the timing set. Yes I'm retarted as stated in my last post by someone else. After that everything went together real fast. I decided to go with a Miladon high volumn aluminum water pump, Ford racing small oval air cleaner.

Here are a few shots. I'll be droping this puppy in next weekend.....hopefully starting it up.

Very nice! I'm liking the fuel injection setup and your choice of black braided hose. Very clean looking. Getting the engine in and started in 1 weekend sounds a little eager to me. But maybe that's just because my drivetrain project is taking me way too long! I will be firing mine this weekend as well if it kills me

Focker67 said:
did you get the full mass-flo setup or the smaller do it yourself kit?

Can't wait to know how it runs!
I did get the whole set-up. The only stuff i didn't get was the fuel system because I wanted to run as much hardline as possible with -an fittings and that wasn't offered.

Don't worry, I'll get you a video of how it runs when I'm done.
jcode68 said:
Getting the engine in and started in 1 weekend sounds a little eager to me.!

I think I'm doing pretty good sofar. I'm under a time crunch because i deploy for wastpac on the USS Boxer in September and have to have this car running before I go.
In the last month I've stripped, smoothed, primed and painted my engine bay......modifided my shock tower to clear my new mastercylinder that i also plumbed and installed....ran a new 3/8 & -6 an fuel system including mounting my pump, installed a new fuel tank, wired the car for EFI, and rebuild my 351w. So i think getting the old motor out and the new one in in a weekend and running is pretty feasible? i hope to at least have it sitting with all the connections made by monday. This is if everythig goes right. I may take monday to sit back and do some detailing.....wrapping the loom and double and tripple checking everything. Wish me luck

LUCAFU1 said:
where did you get the fuel rails? do you have a link/price?
These are part of the kit. I'm sure Chris over at Quality roadsters could spare a set if you asked nicely....her's the inovator in this set-up i'm running.

I had to have something different on the fittings so i went with Mr.Gasket shadow an fittings.....much better then the blue and red IMHO.

Thanks for all the compliments guys!
I did up my distributor cap tonight....much better!

Here is a shot of the roller rockers and heads...

streetgrande69 said:
You should swing by someting and check out my ride....I'd love to see yours!

I don't live in San Diego, but I grew up in Chula Vista (way back when Bonita was the "sticks") and have family there. I'll PM you if I get down there with the '66 - taking the '06 this weekend.

66HertzClone said:
That is a familiar looking setup, keep up the good work. Throttle linkage and return springs will consume quite a bit of time.

The new pix look great! I already have the throttle linkage all figured out. It was one on the first things I did. I was really worried about the TV cable for the AOD but it happened to be a pretty simple task......

Nice looking job. Makes me want to go back into mine and clean up the engine compartment( wiring) a little!
I must admit though, I sometimes wonder if I could have done a Windsor conversion faster than my Clev.
By the way, did you detail your fuel system?