Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Damn devil! I hate seeing the car up on the tow truck. I had a 04 GT that always had some sort of charging issue. Never could figure it out. I ended up selling the car to a guy who said he could fix it, never heard back from him. I know how it feels seeing your car on the back of a tow truck. Car look awesome though!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I'm guessing either TPS TFI or Ignition switch.

My third guess would be fuel pump regardless of how it appears to [act] when you start it. Particularly if it's a Walbro 190L.

Last edited:
I've seen this issue before. It ended up being a bad connection at the harness connector behind the rear bumper. Car would spontaneously cut off. Seemed like someone just turned the pump off. We searched and searched and finally got to experience the cut off first hand and checked with a meter. It would send some voltage sometimes but not enough for the pump to build power...shake of the connector and it would run like nothing was wrong.

The pickup in the distributor also controls the fuel pump. If you have the key on and turn the distributor you will here the pimp cut on and off. Don't remember if you went through that already.

I've seen this issue before. It ended up being a bad connection at the harness connector behind the rear bumper. Car would spontaneously cut off. Seemed like someone just turned the pump off. We searched and searched and finally got to experience the cut off first hand and checked with a meter. It would send some voltage sometimes but not enough for the pump to build power...shake of the connector and it would run like nothing was wrong.

The pickup in the distributor also controls the fuel pump. If you have the key on and turn the distributor you will here the pimp cut on and off. Don't remember if you went through that already.
This happens because the shutter wheel is seeing movement and the ECU thinks the car is cranking over.

I'm guessing either TPS or Ignition switch.

My third guess would be fuel pump regardless of how it appears to [act] when you start it. Particularly if it's a Walbro 190L.
So I just bought but not installed yet, motocraft tps and IAC since I reused the ones I had on the car for the last 15 years so why not update those. My fuel pump was a new aeromotive stealth 340.

Damn devil! I hate seeing the car up on the tow truck. I had a 04 GT that always had some sort of charging issue. Never could figure it out. I ended up selling the car to a guy who said he could fix it, never heard back from him. I know how it feels seeing your car on the back of a tow truck. Car look awesome though!!
Ha ha thanks bro it was a real bummer but I’ll get her back up and running.

So I just bought but not installed yet, motocraft tps and IAC since I reused the ones I had on the car for the last 15 years so why not update those. My fuel pump was a new aeromotive stealth 340.

Yeah... Start with the TPS TFI since you have one in hand. That should eliminate or confirm that part right meow.

Last edited:

Cool I’m hoping to get this all figured out. It’s been a real nuisance. I ended replacing the distributor not to long when I started having issues, it’s not a top of the line but seemed to fix the issues I was having, then my fuel pump relay went bad so I replaced that. Then I just recently replaced that relay again thinking eh maybe the first one went bad. Off the topic I noticed you had or maybe still have the glow shift fuel pressure gauge. Do you like it? I have a 3 gauge cowl grill and wanted to run a fuel pressure gauge there as well as a boost and afr. I’d like to run the same ford racing ones like my cluster but got dang they are pricey and they will be out side, so I thought about gettting the tinted ones bc it would look like there was nothing there. Any who that’s besides the point. Just hope whatever it is get found out soon.

Leave the IAC alone for the moment. Change just the TPS TFI and then "No" nothing special. There's a little wrench you should pickup for the TPS if you don't already have one. Any part store should carry them. They are usually plastic. You can also use a thin wall socket. Don't forget the thermal paste!

Last edited:
Leave the IAC alone for the moment. Change just the TPS and then "No" nothing special. There's a little wrench you should pickup for the TPS if you don't already have one. Any part store should carry them. They are usually plastic. You can also use a thin wall socket. Don't forget the thermal paste!

You mean TFI? Not TPS?