what are a pair of stock heads worth. trying to sell

BlackBaer5.0

Nov 26, 2003
I just pulled the stock heads off my 91 mustang with only 72,000 miles on the ODO, and synthetic oil used from day one. Im replacing them with a set of 165cc AFR heads.

The stock heads have a set of SVO 1.72:1 roller rockers installed on them,
I want to sell as is, what is a good asking price. Oh also is the stock cam worth selling.

thanks
Geoffrey

• Sponsors (?)

um,

do this:

Pull the rockers and sell them for $100-$125 alone. Toss the heads up for $50 and expect little interest. I've seen people complaining that their fully race ported e7's wont fetch $200

I have a set of Thumper's which are proted E7's and I know they would never get a decent amount of money if I were to sell them. Call some cylinder head places, maby they would give you a core value for them which is usually around $100.

I actually have a set that are lightly ported (by me) with a 3-angle valve job and new TFS valve springs.

If i get bored enough, i'll install them. Just one more thing on my merry list of "Mods that may be installed sometime before 2006"

If they were worth something I'd be rich. A friend and I started collecting them a few years ago with the crazy idea of porting them and selling them to the local children. After realizing our folly we gave up. So now I have like 30 odd pair laying around collecting dust. Maybe someday there will be a huge demand from resto guys or something.

sukkoi19 said:
If they were worth something I'd be rich. A friend and I started collecting them a few years ago with the crazy idea of porting them and selling them to the local children. After realizing our folly we gave up. So now I have like 30 odd pair laying around collecting dust. Maybe someday there will be a huge demand from resto guys or something.

Probally not, original performance is never classic. The prices may go sky high soon on scrap Iron! With the chinese buying out all the Aluminim for thier statium **caugh * bombers*cough*missels*caugh** and all the steel for thier other olympic venues *cough*ships*cough*shells*hack**** they will start buying out all the Iron to build bridges *caugh*tanks*caugh*caugh*hack*caugh. Sorry about this little cold I have, it only seem to bother me when there is the smell of :bs: comming form the other side of the ocean.