What axleback mufflers are the quietest? Anyone have VGC axlebacks for sale?

I have a 2010 GT...What axleback mufflers are the quietest? Anyone have VGC axlebacks for sale? **My car has BBk tuned equal length headers, off-road cat-less x-pipe and right now stock mufflers** The sound is not bad, but my old MAC mufflers were WAAAY too loud, I got pulled over 3 times in 3 days, I would love the car that loud, but I cant keep getting the tickets... Any suggestions of which of the aftermarkets are the most conservative sounding? Once the car isn't my DD I dont care how loud it is..but for the next year or two I gotta keep it quiet enough to nopt get harassed!

• Sponsors (?)

Have either hi-flow cats or resonators weled in.

I WAS JUST LOOKING INTO GETTING A SET OF 2 1/2 RESONATORS WELDED IN.. THIS SHOULD QUIET IT DOWN WITHOUT THE RESTRICTION OF THE STOCK CATTED MID-PIPE HUH? I THINK THAT MIGHT BE THE BEST BET..THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! HAVE YOU HEARD A 3V W/ HEADERS NON-CATTED X-PIPE WITH SUM SORT OF RESONATORS AND THEN A STRAIGHT THROUGH MUFFLER SETUP??

:lol: Yeah his! Hes got rezzies and SLP loudmouths which are essentially a straight through pipe. I believe he also had no cats for a while, but it wont really matter because F/I adds way more decibels to your exhaust sound...

LOL...YEAH, I’MMA TRY TO PUT SOME CHERRY BOMB RESONATORS SUMWHERE NEAR THE MIDDLE OF THE CAR..LOL..THEN TRY SOME STRAIGHT THROUGH MUFFLERS AGAIN… ON MY 86 306/9LB POWERDYNE LX I NOTICED AN INCREDIBLE AMOUNT OF EXTRA POWER RUNNING NO CATS AND STRAIGHT THRU MUFFLERS COMPARED TO THE STOCK H-PIPE AND REGULAR MUFFLERS…BUT THAT CAR ISNT MY DD..HAHA..AND ITS 25 YEARS OLD..ITS ALLOWED TO BE LOUD AS FU*K...IMO...HAHA

I WAS JUST LOOKING INTO GETTING A SET OF 2 1/2 RESONATORS WELDED IN.. THIS SHOULD QUIET IT DOWN WITHOUT THE RESTRICTION OF THE STOCK CATTED MID-PIPE HUH? I THINK THAT MIGHT BE THE BEST BET..THANKS FOR THE ADVICE! HAVE YOU HEARD A 3V W/ HEADERS NON-CATTED X-PIPE WITH SUM SORT OF RESONATORS AND THEN A STRAIGHT THROUGH MUFFLER SETUP??
Here you go.
YouTube - Mustang O/R x and glasspacks revs

Were you going to put the resonator on the X-pipe? Resonators go on the OTA pipe? Most people get either a 12" or 18" 18" would be best if you have an o/r midpipe and a straight through muffler or muffler delete. 12" would work well with a catted mid pipe. I have never heard of an 8" resonator.

Were you going to put the resonator on the X-pipe? Resonators go on the OTA pipe? Most people get either a 12" or 18" 18" would be best if you have an o/r midpipe and a straight through muffler or muffler delete. 12" would work well with a catted mid pipe. I have never heard of an 8" resonator.

its a vortex cherry bobm type, its 12" long, but the actual resonator part is 8-9"... I ordered em, it cant hurt, imma put them in place of the cats on my cat-less x-pipe and run straight through-type canister stainless steel rear mufflers...it should be loud but oh well...it will sound interesting, especially under WOT boost when it seems to get louder...

The longer you go in inches the more controlled the sound coming out is. 18" would be the best you could get, but yeah getting 18" in there is a bit tricky from what I have looked at on the exhaust system. Hopefully the 12" give you what you are looking for :nice:

The longer you go in inches the more controlled the sound coming out is. 18" would be the best you could get, but yeah getting 18" in there is a bit tricky from what I have looked at on the exhaust system. Hopefully the 12" give you what you are looking for :nice:

thanks, they are on the way..i'll take vids of the car with headers and off-road x-pipe and stock mufflers, then with just the straight through rear mufflers, then with the resonators added...hopefully it will sound ok.. I know it will flow great