What car parts are you buying with your stimulus check?

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
If we actually get the payout. Some of mine will go to some interior restoration and i'm on the fence if I want to paint my black belt molding to match my car. Possibly window tint too. The rest will go to savings and rebuilding my deck. Wife and I are still working full time so it's just extra frosting on the cake. My heart goes out to those that are less fortunate.

Have any plans?

• Sponsors (?)

Im probably going to be a little less unfortunate . Dont want to get into my savings if I can . Got work but not the same. China is getting back together . Maybe we will be better in one month . If I was going to get something it would be heads . I need to do a project because i will have some time on my side. Going to get the convertible quarter rebuild kit from LMR . That should take a while to take the whole rear interior out . Not to mention perfect rear window performance will be great.

I'll be paying off my Snap On account to free up $75 a week to go towards other things... like the Mustang.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I already shot my wad on this axle. It depends on if I keep my job or not. The company seems pretty committed to shrinking as a result of this.

Kurt

I’m sure a lot of people will say Food, gas bill, light bill, and hopelessly bolster whatever other past due bill that can be paid with a pointless 1200.00 check.

Of all of the threads that are posted here, this one comes closest to saying “If I get Corona, I get Corona“.

Im sure there are thousands of jobless wait staff, event staff, non-essential business owners, and scores of others who will not be buying a freakin car part with that pitiful stipend.

Last edited:
If I get Corona I get Corona. :jester:

Seriously though, I probably stand a better chance than most to contract it since I'm in direct contact with COVID patients. And since I make what I make and work as much as I do, I don't see myself getting a stimulus check. I'll just be one of those people footing the bill now AND later. :shrug:

Last edited:
  • Agree
This is another reason why I'm glad I am semi retired.
Yeah I could use a 'stimulus ' check but I too would spend it on frivolous things, those stupid people that will also spend it on frivolous crap instead of banking it for when they need to makeup payments on things they can't pay for now (not pointed at anyone here). The difference is my crap is paid off. I own it.
In reality I am not likely to get a handout from Uncle Sam.
I don't need a handout from Uncle Sam.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m sure a lot of people will say Food, gas bill, light bill, and hopelessly bolster whatever other past due bill that can be paid with a pointless 1200.00 check.

Of all of the threads that are posted here, this one comes closest to saying “If I get Corona, I get Corona“.

Im sure there are thousands of jobless wait staff, event staff, non-essential business owners, and scores of others who will not be buying a freakin car part with that pitiful stipend.
As "boring" as it is...I'm with CarMichael on this. Assuming I get a stimulus check, I will probably be holding on to it and donating at least part of it to a local food bank. My wife and I are very fortunate to have our jobs still but feeling worried for all of those who are already suffering in this economic and public health chaos.

I did order some parts for the Fox Body but it was small stuff, less than 60 bucks...and I had to order oil and a filter for the black car. I will continue to daydream about the parts I would like to buy when things are less crazy but that's probably it. :(

I won’t be buying anything either. If I get any money from the government it’ll probably just go into my savings account just in case I need it. Hopefully this crap doesn’t go on too long. Once this passes, maybe I’ll use that money for some parts. :shrug:

Honestly, for many people, I think it's a case of either not having money or not having time to do things. I mean some people sit and day dream about this or that because they most likely don't have the time to do anything with it if they could, assuming they could afford to anyway. Then, for whatever reason, you're laid off. Now you have all sorts of time but no extra money laying around to just throw at whatever it was that you were day dreaming about. I think that's the case for a lot of people. Those who are forced to live paycheck to paycheck and spent their money instead of saving are the ones who are usually forced to sell their toys in times of trouble - like what we're having to deal with now. And since the majority of those receiving a stimulus check are those making under a certain amount I think that a high percentage will be people like I just mentioned.

I feel fortunate that I chose to go into healthcare when I changed careers and have a steady paycheck now, but I remember being laid off in 08-09 and worrying about what I was going to do to support my household in the near future. I was lucky that I had friends in some places and skills to be able to find a job during those times, but I know others aren't as lucky. So I feel the same as Mike, many people won't be buying car parts or anything "fun" - they'll be paying bills in order to survive and, hopefully in some cases anyway, shoring up their financial lives so they won't have to worry about anything should something similar happen again.

That all being said, buying parts also stimulates the economy which is what the stimulus is meant for, so by all means buy yourself what you want! Hopefully when all is said and done we'll come out of the other side of all of this in better positions financially and all in good health!

Reactions: 2 users
The current place I’m at we do all elective procedures, and my services are not needed currently, plus the place has shut down currently. So I’m riding my salary benefits as I get paid whether we have cases or don’t, but believe I’ll be furloughed as of next week until Austin uplifts the stay home mandate and the Texas medical board decides we can start back up. Currently just hanging out, might look for some prn work, but as for the stimulus check I don’t think I’ll be getting one of those.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user