What car parts are you buying with your stimulus check?

Mine will go into the bank as “just in case” money, and if things get back to normal sooner than later, then it will go toward new rear end clutches and some resto parts. I had planned to have @95steedamustang do me up some Recaro’s, but my house renovation reared a couple surprises that nixed that. Would like to follow through with it though.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

My job is considered essential, so I doubt I'll be getting one, fine with me.
From what I've read if you file taxes and you don't make more than $100k a year (if single) then you get a check.

I know many different people are in different financial positions and will treat this stimulus check differently. It's good to see that most of you guys seem to be doing okay through this. This will pass by and things will get back to normal. I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

@LILCBRA thank you for doing what you do!

Reactions: 1 user
unsure of what, if anything, we will get. Haven't been able to sell any take off parts, nor have I been able to sell many wood projects of late.

BUTTTTT

I'd be ordering the brakes and a clutch I need to get back mobile.

For me, I was just kidding, and I didn't take the original post too seriously. I'm not getting any check anyway as my income is too high. Plus I go to work every day, deal with ALL kinds of people, don't have the option to self quarantine...ahhh, the essential worker, lucky me.... but I get paid. Oh well.

No check for me.

I’m fine with that. We are balls to the wall busy right now and I don’t need it. We are considered essential and currently working to design medical filtration equipment.

I haven’t even had time to look at the mustang even though I really need to get out there. Stress levels through the roof the last few weeks

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
For me, I was just kidding, and I didn't take the original post too seriously. I'm not getting any check anyway as my income is too high. Plus I go to work every day, deal with ALL kinds of people, don't have the option to self quarantine...ahhh, the essential worker, lucky me.... but I get paid. Oh well.
As a Design Engineer for an infrastructure company I am deemed essential. I even have a fancy letter to carry on me that says i'm special in case I get stopped while driving :rolleyes:. Won't really happen though, I'm working from home while home schooling my 3 elementary aged kids.

No check for me.

I’m fine with that. We are balls to the wall busy right now and I don’t need it. We are considered essential and currently working to design medical filtration equipment.

I haven’t even had time to look at the mustang

Awesome man!!....thanks for your hard work!

As a Design Engineer for an infrastructure company I am deemed essential. I even have a fancy letter to carry on me that says i'm special in case I get stopped while driving :rolleyes:. Won't really happen though, I'm working from home while home schooling my 3 elementary aged kids.

Same here. Have a letter in my visor. Have only gone into the office once since SHTF and it’s just eerie setting cruise control at 85mph on a major highway during typical rush hour commute

Reactions: 1 users
I'm all on board with spending the money on car parts, especially on performance parts. It's one of the few industries that's still mostly based in this country. I just spent $15k on my house, and all but about $3k of it is going to workers in my state. I got my tier one essential access letter sitting on my desk. Things are so slow at work, I don't have to go in. Fine for now, I'd rather stay home and not catch the Cronk. The company is losing $50 million/day though, and that's not good. We just made a deal with the government for a bunch of money, and the deal says they can't lay me off until September.

Kurt

I'm all on board with spending the money on car parts, especially on performance parts. It's one of the few industries that's still mostly based in this country. I just spent $15k on my house, and all but about $3k of it is going to workers in my state. I got my tier one essential access letter sitting on my desk. Things are so slow at work, I don't have to go in. Fine for now, I'd rather stay home and not catch the Cronk. The company is losing $50 million/day though, and that's not good. We just made a deal with the government for a bunch of money, and the deal says they can't lay me off until September.

Kurt
Good point, many performance car parts are made in USA, i.e., cylinder heads, cams, throttle bodies, megasquirt ecu's, etc. Support our country with your stimulus $ if you are fortunate enough to be able to. Maybe it's time for me to get some TFS or AFR heads? :chin Let the twin screw breath better and kill the T5 :D

• Hell Yeah!
Good point, many performance car parts are made in USA, i.e., cylinder heads, cams, throttle bodies, megasquirt ecu's, etc. Support our country with your stimulus $ if you are fortunate enough to be able to. Maybe it's time for me to get some TFS or AFR heads? :chin Let the twin screw breath better and kill the T5 :D

Agreed. I just spent $900 for one of machined parts at Moser in Indiana, $700 with Eaton in Michigan, $200 with UPR in Florida, $100 with MM, a bunch of small parts across the country, and $1200 with a local fabricator to build the rest of it. Last month I spent $5500 on windows and doors made less than 100 miles away from where I live, and I paid $7k for a guy and his brother that live 15 minutes away from me to install them.

There are a lot of service workers hurting for money right now, and I do my best to support them too. However, when you spend money on performance upgrades, it almost always ends up in the hands of American manufacturers and local businesses. These people make money, and buy airline tickets. That's the economy I want to be a part of.

Kurt

I get the sense LMR:’s sales have fallen off too. They usually run a 7% sale around a major holiday, but they have extended this latest one for 2-3 weeks now.

I’d buy some stuff, but there’s nothing I really need at the moment

7% just isn't enough discount for me personally.
Buying $100 worth of stuff to save 7 bucks, just doesn't motivate me to go in my wallet.

I usually wait for the 10% sales to buy the big ticket items, otherwise I use the standard 6% code that's always available.

Maybe they will do a 19% off sale?

• Haha
  • Hell Yeah!
Hey, since we all know how much our significant others like our cars, we should have them spend their $1200 on parts too.

• Haha
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users