What car parts are you buying with your stimulus check?

• Sponsors (?)

No check coming to this household. Both my wife and I are retired.
I found this online from a Texas TV station KHOU 11 and it says you will get a check!!:):banana:

My wife is retired and I am still working but collecting SS so we can keep our fingers crossed.

A spokesperson from Texas Sen. John Cornyn's office said the checks would not be counted as income or taxed.

She said retirees and those who receive Social Security benefits are eligible.

In texas retirees don't need the money, they should all be back at work laying down their lives for the economy according to the Lt. governor...
Might be the single dumbest thing I've heard through mess.

After doing a little more research on this and looking at my taxes, it looks like I am eligible to receive a check. But mine will be going toward bills to shore up my financial situation a bit more. I found out yesterday that since I'm in neuro and most of our patients aren't necessarily urgent, we are forced to scale back our hours. So all of the OT I've been working for the past year and a half or more is going away permanently and my "normal" schedule is getting cut from 40 to 36 hours a week for the time being. Once this COVID pandemic is cleared we'll resume our normal schedule. So until then I'm going to fall into the category I mentioned earlier - all sorts of time and no money to spend on things like Mustangs. :shrug:

Exactly. However,they just dropped the price on the TKO 600 $100. I have NEVER seen it listed any cheaper than $2595. Would've saved me ALOT of trouble dealing with Astro :confused:

I think my mine was $1195 when I bought it, but they called it a TR3550 back then. Funny thing was I never paid for it. It was part of a $1480 purchase with other parts that just never showed up on my credit card. I called the M&M Motorsports, and they assured me they got paid. It's funny how things change. $2595 is steep for a TKO600 when there are Terminator swap T56s on ebay regularly in the $1500 range with the supporting parts.

Kurt

I think my mine was $1195 when I bought it, but they called it a TR3550 back then. Funny thing was I never paid for it. It was part of a $1480 purchase with other parts that just never showed up on my credit card. I called the M&M Motorsports, and they assured me they got paid. It's funny how things change. $2595 is steep for a TKO600 when there are Terminator swap T56s on ebay regularly in the $1500 range with the supporting parts.

Kurt
I bought all the same stuff through D&D 20yrs ago. Tremec 3550,Lakewood bell,clutch kit etc. It was around $1800 if I recall. I know stuff's cost more but damn! Luckily found a Lakewood bell on FB marketplace for $300,but I'm still in this trans setup over $3k.

Finally got myself a tool chest. Staying organized is my creed.

The rest will go to debt..

Attachments

• 7B05C8EC-4C82-47BC-BEA4-4026ED88A11E.jpeg
    7B05C8EC-4C82-47BC-BEA4-4026ED88A11E.jpeg
    84.5 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: 1 users
I got my "relief" on Wednesday. Just so happens that my son and I went for a drive in the Fox and he rolled down his passenger window all the way and now it won't go back up. I can hear a little noise from the window motor when I press the up button. Neither window switch will get it moving so now it's time to take apart the door.

I'll just rehab most of the window/door assembly
-new motor
-window guide bushings
-install new window weather strip run channel (existing one's are all cracked and weathered)
-all new panel clips
-new door lock actuators
-new moisture barriers
-door handle bezel kit

x2

It's also time to renew my Hagerty policy so they'll get a slice of the pie too.

I caved in and bought a water pump, new coolant hose kit, thermostat housing, intake gaskets and bolts for the Systemax install, and a trac-lok rebuild kit. I have a water leak on the front of the engine, decided to overhaul the cooling parts that haven’t already been replaced. Couple hundred bucks to get the car on the road again, and the rest is in the bank for now.

Reactions: 1 users
I bought some drag radials and a parts kit to build an Mp5k. Too many hobbies lol. Not really stimulus money just stuff I’ve been wanting

Attachments

• 1CC6B186-3AC8-4DF7-A45C-49D2903AAB72.jpeg
    1CC6B186-3AC8-4DF7-A45C-49D2903AAB72.jpeg
    53.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20312989-0139-48F9-8AED-81F4714D9485.png
    20312989-0139-48F9-8AED-81F4714D9485.png
    439.3 KB · Views: 81
Reactions: 2 users
I'm buying another raptor 660 when I find the right crack head fire sale price.. but my little brother scored a full maximum motorsports front end last night from someone local that was still in boxes unopened for pocket change. It will be going on his low mile 91 coupe that already has mm torque arm, sub frames, panhard and four point cage. Now he's going to use the rest of his stimulus on bilstiens struts to complete the car in full mm hardware.

Attachments

• IMG_5839.jpg
    IMG_5839.jpg
    260.5 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: 2 users