What car parts are you buying with your stimulus check?

• Sponsors (?)

Mine will pay for the new alignment, but went to bills mostly. My overtime has dried up almost completely, it's crazy how much I rely on it just to get by. I was able to hide $500 from the wife to go toward my transmission fund. After the steering pump and rack replacement this year I think she'll kill me if any more LMR boxes show up at the house. I'll have another year to save and contemplate whether I'm staying stick or going auto.

Reactions: 1 user
Great posts guys! Most of what I'm seeing people buy are parts and services that support American jobs and American fabrication. If you buy SVE then it largely supports China manufacturing but most major performance parts (engine and suspension) are made in USA. Unfortunately my window and door parts list will mostly support China but it does help LMR jobs and they are a great company.

Hope everyone is well. I look forward to getting back to normal soon and hope the economy soon begins to safely reopen in areas not greatly effected.

I've been leary of the door lock actuator from the aftermarket, I have installed sets in two cars and I didn't use the much and all of them froze up, luckily in the unlocked position. I'm gonna do the cheap jrichker actuators.

I've been leary of the door lock actuator from the aftermarket, I have installed sets in two cars and I didn't use the much and all of them froze up, luckily in the unlocked position. I'm gonna do the cheap jrichker actuators.
I remember reading a hack that he has for the door lock actuators many years ago. Thank you for the reminder. I only want to have to take these doors apart once and get it working right the first time.

Mine is looking to go towards parts to rebuild the engine that has been sitting on the stand for the red mustang: Piston rings, Honer, Head Studs, Valve Seals, Spring Compressor, Valve Lapping Compound & Tools, and gaskets. The only thing that will be left to get in the LU47 injectors when the time comes.

I've literally run out of stuff to buy other than a torque arm (which will nearly finish off the entire MM catalog for me) and I'm not buying it and letting it sit while I refinish my garage, it will just be another thing in the way.

I didn’t qualify but wife did get full. We did exactly opposite the spirit of a ‘stimulus’ payment... we socked it away towards a house (donated a portion, but a small portion).

Still bought my ATS calipers though

I wasn't sure if I qualified, but I did get paid. I already spent a bunch of money on the axle stuff. Happy about that, because almost every single piece is made in this country. I also bought $5500 in windows and doors made Georgia and Indiana back in February.

Kurt

Reactions: 1 users