What did you do to match the rear brakes to the 2000 Brembo Cobra R kit?

I've been narrowing my options for upgrading my brakes. While doing so I really like the 2000 Cobra R kit from buyfordracing.com. For those of you that have this kit any feedback would be great and what did you do for the rear brakes to try and match? Thanks.
- Justin

• Sponsors (?)

I'm working with Muscle Motors at the moment to try and work something out. They have a kit for our rear brakes like the Baer one that takes the rear rotor up to 13" The thing that is better about there kit is that they offer many different types of rotors to go along with it. Not to mention the brake pads that come with it. He is in the process of trying to get me some different rotors with the Brembo kit than they normally come with to match the style I want. We'll see what he has for me after he talks to his Brembo rep tomorrow.
- Justin

I'm working with Muscle Motors at the moment to try and work something out. They have a kit for our rear brakes like the Baer one that takes the rear rotor up to 13" The thing that is better about there kit is that they offer many different types of rotors to go along with it. Not to mention the brake pads that come with it. He is in the process of trying to get me some different rotors with the Brembo kit than they normally come with to match the style I want. We'll see what he has for me after he talks to his Brembo rep tomorrow.
- Justin

NICE!!! I might be interested in something along those lines..

As has already been mentioned, Baer has a kit to accommodate 13" rotors (if you can live with the rotors they give you, or figure out the size, and find your own)

Are they slotted or drilled?? I would like big brakes all the way around, but I want at least slotted rotors, I would prefer dimpled actually....With good ebc pads and fresh fluid, I see no reason for me to ever need better brakes than factory cobra's... With track pads I think they are awesome, but I just want bigger in the rear mainly for looks...

Does any of that even make sense.. I'm a mess right now.. sorry:bang:

Are they slotted or drilled?? I would like big brakes all the way around, but I want at least slotted rotors, I would prefer dimpled actually....With good ebc pads and fresh fluid, I see no reason for me to ever need better brakes than factory cobra's... With track pads I think they are awesome, but I just want bigger in the rear mainly for looks...

Does any of that even make sense.. I'm a mess right now.. sorry:bang:

picture:

View attachment 353293

You can find them on ebay all day long for $300

Update:

I'm still in the process of ironing everything out with Jack over at Muscle Motors. He has been real helpful as well as patient with my plethora of questions and scenarios of setups. Here is what he replied to me with:

Justin,

Okay here is what I can do for you:

Brembo 4 Piston Black Calipers w/ brackets/pads & SS Brake Lines

13” Front Rotors w/ your choice of silver or gold, crossdrilled, slotted or double crossdrilled/slotted)
13” Rear Kit brackets/pads & w/ your choice of silver or gold, crossdrilled, slotted or double crossdrilled/slotted

$XXXX.XX shipped to your door.

Jack @ MMP Sales

Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.

[email protected]

http://www.musclemotors.com

(818)888-7778

"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"

I'm sure you guys would love to see the price, but I didn't want to put the price in because this is something he worked on with me one-on-one. What I can tell you is that I have not seen a deal as good as this one and no one offers as many options as you can see that he is offering me above.

I'll let you guys know how things go as I finish my transaction.
- Justin

After days of considering my numerous options, I just finished up sending payment to Muscle Motors. I decided to stick with the Brembo Gold Rotors and they are going to match the rears in color exactly and with the crossdrilled pattern as close as possible.They set me up with a package of the following:

Brembo 4 Piston Black Calipers w/ brackets/pads & SS Brake Lines
13" gold & crossdrilled front rotors
13" Rear Kit w / pads & gold & crossdrilled rotors

I'll be sure to report back once i receive everything with pics as well.
- Justin

When he said he was going to try and match the rotors I thought he was going to take Powerstops design that was closest to matching from the options they had. After my last post I checked my e-mail and you can imagine how happy I was to receive this e-mail from Jack over at Muscle Motors Performance:

"Muscle Motors Performance, Inc. - Your One Stop Shop for all Your Performance Needs!!!" <[email protected]> wrote:

Justin,

I am going to send the Brembo rotors today to PowerStop to make sure the drilling matches front to back. Hopefully they will be able to do a perfect match for you. I will be in contact soon.

Jack @ MMP Sales
Muscle Motors Performance, Inc.
[email protected]
http://www.musclemotors.com
(818)888-7778
"Here to Make Racing Fun & Affordable for Everyone!"