What happens if a dealer has my car over a month under warranty????

amillerr10

Sep 29, 2020
ohio
My 2019 Mustang GT premium has been in the shop for a week and a half. They have a "hotline" out to higher ups at ford which makes me think they have no idea what is wrong with the car and are waiting for "ford" to tell them what to do. I have had a loaner the entire time. What happens if its there for a month, or longer?? I just pay the price of my Mustang while driving a fusion loaner? Does not really seem fair...

• Sponsors (?)

Did you buy it new? If so, then you need to document the time at the dealership and the issues. Then check out Lemon Laws in your state.
If not, still document the time in and if and if they were fixed right or not. The are contacts like customer satisfaction lines above the dealership.
If you are thinking about payments, I do not think there is any recourse there.

Keep Paying the Payment. In the end you may be driving off in a 2020 if things go...........

1603370601294.jpeg

I have seen it before...... A Long Long Long time ago when I first turned on the lights and before she covered up ...... Ohhhh wrong thread

haha I would probably faint if that happened. I am anticipating a long wait. To give details, remote start, gear indication and easy entry/exit do not work. Apparently its more of a problem than it sounds like...

Funny, when I was given the loaner, the guy gave me a whole spiel on calling if I thought I was going to go over 2200 miles because they sell them when they hit around that mileage. If I get close, he'll send someone out to swap the rentals out to avoid being over the mileage... haha

Funny, when I was given the loaner, the guy gave me a whole spiel on calling if I thought I was going to go over 2200 miles because they sell them when they hit around that mileage. If I get close, he'll send someone out to swap the rentals out to avoid being over the mileage... haha

Take it drag racing, and the put the timeslips and some pics somewhere in the car where the future owner will one day find it

My 1961 Corvair stock with a powerglide and base motor did the 1/4 mile in 21 seconds flat. I could have bracket raced it at that time. You should have no problem with that number.:burnout:Time slips are fun to find, but I do not want to hear the dealership owner when a tech finds them first.

Well.... To my surprise, the dealership called yesterday evening and told me my car was done... Apparently, the problem with the gear indication not showing was because another dealership had replaced the digital instrument cluster previously (I think it might have been a recall) but put the wrong cluster in, so they put the correct one in and bam, it shows now... remote start is currently working and so is the easy entry/exit after a battery replacement and reprogram. $2500+ all covered under factory warranty.... Sorry I let you guys down, the fusion hybrid 1/4 mile time is still a mystery here.

My 2019 Mustang GT premium has been in the shop for a week and a half. They have a "hotline" out to higher ups at ford which makes me think they have no idea what is wrong with the car and are waiting for "ford" to tell them what to do. I have had a loaner the entire time. What happens if its there for a month, or longer?? I just pay the price of my Mustang while driving a fusion loaner? Does not really seem fair...
They had my 2019 Eco for 6 weeks. I appreciated the very nice Fusion Hybrid they loaned me, but my attitude was yeah, but that's not what I chose. When I got my car back, I pushed a little (not much actually) and I got a give card with the the equivalent of 2 months payment on it.