what is the name of the cracked part in my 95 gt?

• Sponsors (?)

That would be called your "lower Intake manifold". Looks like someone threaded that temp sensor the whole way in which might have caused that. You'll either have to get a replacement stock lower intake manifold or get that one off and have it welded. I see you're in Sweden, not sure how easy it is to get parts.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
That would be called your "lower Intake manifold". Looks like someone threaded that temp sensor the whole way in which might have caused that. You'll either have to get a replacement stock lower intake manifold or get that one off and have it welded. I see you're in Sweden, not sure how easy it is to get parts.
thanks for quick answer. It is not easy to find used parts and new parts are expensive. :( A dummy question should i take out all engine ?

thanks for quick answer. It is not easy to find used parts and new parts are expensive. :( A dummy question should i take out all engine ?
No, you can keep the engine in the car. You will just have to remove the Upper intake (and everything attached), distributor, upper coolant hose, disconnect fuel lines and rails, ect to get to it. I'll see if I can find a good write up for you.

Your best bet is probably ebay for a replacement lower, or a used parts vendor. I see the foxbody lower intakes going for 60-70 USD, it's the shipping that will probably be the most expensive.

• Love
No, you can keep the engine in the car. You will just have to remove the Upper intake (and everything attached), distributor, upper coolant hose, disconnect fuel lines and rails, ect to get to it. I'll see if I can find a good write up for you.

Your best bet is probably ebay for a replacement lower, or a used parts vendor. I see the foxbody lower intakes going for 60-70 USD, it's the shipping that will probably be the most expensive.
thanks a lot :) I've been looking on ebay but couldn't find any :(

My parents live in Norway, so I know the pain. Even if you could find an intake, it would cost a small fortune to get it shipped, then customs would hold it for a month to access a ridiculous tariff. I think you might be better off trying to find someone who can repair that one. We throw those intakes away over here, because nobody wants them.

Kurt

Sorry this took awhile, I had to fire up a Windows XP VM to be able to open the old factory service software for your car. Attached is a .PDF of the removal and installation procedures for your intake.

Attachments

• 1995 Mustang Lower Intake Service Procedures.pdf
    84.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Love

That lower intake was used on a few other Fords.

For the lower, any of the 86+ 302 intakes will work. The part number is E6SE-9K461

For axmple, here's one. Problem is you'll need to find someone who will ship to Norway

Here is another

• Useful
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
You may be able to find a local car club where an owner or two may have one lying around. A lot of American cars from this era seem to be pretty popular in Scandinavia and the Low Countries. The lower intake manifold is a pretty prolific part that made it onto most 5.0-equipped vehicles whether they were HO engines or not.

Yes, agreed. There is a small market around, especially in countries with US Forces bases. The Fox seems to be the least prolific of Stangs in the UK but I don't have a problem coming across 302 engines and parts etc on eBay every so often. So definitely search eBay UK, Sonic and Netherlands/Germany has quite a few if you want to scour for parts that way.

It depends how hurried you are with the project and timelines and all but I personally plan to hold a few parts on hand and so I'm always looking around online / eBay every now and then and I've no doubt you could find the part this side of the pond but it could be 2 months or could be a year until what you need is listed! Or it could also be never..

The other prudent alternative is giving the car a good shakedown to find as much broken stuff as you can and try and then when ordering from the US you're getting a few parts at once. Because ordering each individually every time becomes brutal in terms of value for money for your shipping & excise

Revhead's solution is probably the most sensible one actually. Cost all in I bet it'd work out around the same to pay a local to patch up your existing part.

Enjoy the car foremost! If this is something you want to hold onto for a longtime then I think getting stuck in and repairing this one yourself or locally would be an invaluable start on adding some notches to the automative preservation belt :O_o::D

In your case I think I would opt to have it welded. Those manifolds are so common around here I can get my hands on one for around 20 bucks. I think the stinkin Lincolns and Crown Vics have the same manifold as well as the T Bird Cougar. Call a wrecking yard to be sure