What? It’s saturday...none of you guys got nothin to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was out on my ZX-14R today to get a new windscreen for it (which I did and installed it). Nice upgrade since it reduces the wind buffetting. I also saw the Daniel Carpenter Mustang parts location up in Concord, and got these pics at the Haas F1 team and Haas-Stewart Racing Hqs.
Haas.jpg
HaasStewart.jpg
If you do sport touring, you gotta do it right with a Concours 14! Full Delkevic system with Ivans tune. My buddies 14R just has a slip on
ShenedoahGarner3.jpg
ShenedoahGarner4.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I had a C14 (2012), and I didn't like it - the seat was wrong and would slide me forward, but the reason I didn't try to correct it is because of how top-heavy the bike is.

I wanted to ride with my wife, but being so top-heavy didn't give me confidence. I'm not tall but I'm totally used to having the balls of my feet or just my toes down; however a top heavy bike with a passenger is more than I wanted to deal with. I wasn't going to lower it and wreck the handling, so off it went.

The ZX-14 is a great grand tourer, IMO.

I had a C14 (2012), and I didn't like it - the seat was wrong and would slide me forward, but the reason I didn't try to correct it is because of how top-heavy the bike is.

I wanted to ride with my wife, but being so top-heavy didn't give me confidence. I'm not tall but I'm totally used to having the balls of my feet or just my toes down; however a top heavy bike with a passenger is more than I wanted to deal with. I wasn't going to lower it and wreck the handling, so off it went.

The ZX-14 is a great grand tourer, IMO.

Its a bit heavy but its all in the suspension settings. I take the time to set all my bike suspension to my riding style for my weight and it really works wonders for how the bike reacts. I drag my knee on the street with the right road on my C14 just how I ride! The 14R is a great bike and I almost bought one to replace the Candy Surf Blue 2012 that I had but I do lots of commuting and it just isn't comfortable for me as the riding style is too aggressive for my bad back. Tomatoes Tomatoes I suppose!

Man....it’s like The walking dead around here..

Isn't it great to be an old fart? You're so old, you don't have Saturday night plans, and I'm old and had to work until midnight. Everyone else on this forum was busy getting laid (or at least trying). A slow car forum on a weekend is a good thing.

Kurt

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.