What kind of tires should i put in some Cobra R 17X10.5.

rflow50

Jun 18, 2005
TX
I am planning to put some Cobra R wheels 17X10.5 in the back of my 91 mustang Gt. The offset is 27mm and the backspacing is 6.63 inches. Some guys tell me that they will fit. I don't know with what tires to go with, because the wheels are wide and I don't want them to rubb, can some one tell me what kind of tires should i go with or what kind of modifications i have to do. Another thing is should i also need to convert the rear to disc brakes,thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I can tell you I have 285/35/18's on my 9.5's and it's a tight fit. I had to roll the fenders. I really doubt you'll get 10.5's to fit, but if you do, you'll want a 315's on the back. Thats some serious rubber. Good Luck, I like to know how it works out for you.

ive only seen one fox with a 10.5" wheel. it requires some pretty extensive mods to make them fit from what ive heard.

unless you just used some wheel spacers, but then it would stick out and look like ****.

Here is a 315/35 tire on a 17X9 wheel. It's a tight fit. I had to remove the quad shocks and beat the inner fender.
I would love to put a 17X10.5 rim on too. :shrug:
car014.jpg

Attachments

• car014.jpg
    car014.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 469