What parts are suppose to be cut out on the saleen heat extractor hood?

oxemoron

Jul 12, 2003
I got a saleen heat extractor hood a while back and now I'm finally ready to finish the body work and take it to get painted. My problem is that I ordered it from a ****ty company (abcexclusive), the vents did not come already cut out. Because of this everytime it rains puddles build up on top of the hood. I don't want this happening with my new paint job. Is this a common problem with this hood or will cutting the vents out take care of that? Also how will the water drain without going onto the engine?

• Sponsors (?)

:stupid: I would leave them there to prevent the rain from getting to the engine. Just prepare to use a rag to soak the water out after it rains. Unless you live in Seattle, I don't think it will be too much of a hassle. How do the REAL extractor hoods work?

Yeah I was just worried that if i didnt cut them, that the water sitting in there would mess up the paint... i could get the rain out the next day just by simply opening the hood and it drains off the sides but there might still be periods of time where water sits in there for 2 days or so. Ive kind of been regreting getting this hood and not the cobra r hood. This hood needs fiberglass work because it flew up on me once before and cracked in a few places. So i need to figure out whether its worth it to even fix it or if i should just take the loss and go for a cervinis cobra r hood. How much do you think i could sell the hood for with these minor cracks and what about if i repaired it before selling?

S351R"Animal": Tried emailing you but no response, if you could still help me with this info I would greatly appreciate it. Also If anyone else knows if the hood will actually drain without causing water damage please let me know. I love the way this hood looks but I'm starting to regret not going with the cobra r hood because of these issues. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated