What Was The Percentage Of Standard Vs Automatics Fox Mustang Production?

• Sponsors (?)

If foxchassis doesn't have that info then you'd have to dig through marti reports to find that info out.

According to the one I did for my car, of all 1988 LX hatchbacks, only 4723 came with 5.0 engine and AOD.
IMG_8772.JPG

You'd need to dig around for examples if GT and LX and compile a list. I started doing this a while back...but then never completed it and lost my data. I had a pretty good breakdown of T-top and sunroof production for 87 and 88 models. No idea where it is now.

Last edited:
If foxchassis doesn't have that info then you'd have to dig through marti reports to find that info out.

According to the one I did for my car, of all 1988 LX hatchbacks, only 4723 came with 5.0 engine and AOD.
IMG_8772.JPG

You'd need to dig around for examples if GT and LX and compile a list. I started doing this a while back...but then never completed it and lost my data. I had a pretty good breakdown of T-top and sunroof production for 87 and 88 models. No idea where it is now.

IMG_8772.JPG

I’d like to see your list. I’d like to see if it’s more than what I have. I plan on doing the personal statistic report on mine at some point.

I’d like to see your list. I’d like to see if it’s more than what I have. I plan on doing the personal statistic report on mine at some point.

Found it. I have copies of the various Marti reports as well I can post as reference. I'll do in AM when I have a PC to use. It's incomplete as I'm missing reports for a lot of models. Unless you got one for every single year and model and trans/engine combo, it's an impossible list to compile. You'll just have to pay Kevin Marti for the info.

Total 1987 Mustang production: 159,145

GT Hatch w/ T-roof: 7314 (4.5% of total production)
LX hatch w/T-roof: Unk
GT hatch w/Sunroof: Unk
LX hatch w/Sunroof: Unk

Total 1988 Mustang production: 211,225

GT Hatch w/ T-roof: 3747 (1.7% of total production)
LX hatch w/T-roof: 863 (0.004% of total production)
GT hatch w/Sunroof: Unk
LX hatch w/Sunroof: 11,744 (5.5% of total production)

BTW the above number on LX hatch is for 2.3's and 5.0's combined.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=530421
This link may have what your looking for.
@FoxChasis may chime in with some statistics

Actually this is useful.

Assuming these numbers are accurate...
IMG_5443.jpg

And using my Marti report, it states there were 4723 5.0 AOD LX hatchbacks. That means of the total 5.0 LX hatch production for 1988, just under 29% were auto.

Of course you are still missing info for GT, coupes, convertibles...and every other year.

Reactions: 1 user
Five different body codes each year. (P40, P41, P42, P44, P45)
Two different transmissions behind the 5.0L each year.
Seven model years.

A minimum of seventy (70) Marti report you'd have to find to pull that info together. If you want to know just for LX 5.0L coupe and LX 5.0L hatchback that's a minimum of twenty-eight (28) reports. And that's if every one of them had a unique combo of year, body, engine, and trans codes that you needed to figure it out. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
To be fair, some of the number are correct.

I have so far cross-checked 47 of the production numbers in the FBMRG with Marti reports....25/47 are right and 22/47 are wrong.