• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

what year are these seats from?

  • Thread starter Thread starter citmov
  • Start date Start date Nov 11, 2010
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

citmov

10 Year Member
Sep 25, 2009
632
12
49
Chi-town
Nov 27, 2010
#21
  • Nov 27, 2010
  • #21
aete2 said:
Yup 99-04, they bolt right in fox's. Try putting 05 and up in ,now that is fun!
Click to expand...

So if I get 04 Cobra front seats they will bolt up directly, but what if it's a powered driver's seat? Personally I do not want powered but what are my options...can I somehow power this up using the electrical lines from the lumbar from the fox seats? or can I make it manual somehow?
 

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
614
10
48
Los Angeles
Nov 27, 2010
#22
  • Nov 27, 2010
  • #22
Mustang5L5 said:
Sure you can. Just takes a few mods to make it work. They even fold like stock


Btw, those are 99-04 gt. Dark charcoal seats

Click to expand...

Is the seating position a little lower with those seats than stock fox rears? I realized today that tall people cannot sit in back in my car X_x
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,325
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Nov 27, 2010
#23
  • Nov 27, 2010
  • #23
citmov said:
So if I get 04 Cobra front seats they will bolt up directly, but what if it's a powered driver's seat? Personally I do not want powered but what are my options...can I somehow power this up using the electrical lines from the lumbar from the fox seats? or can I make it manual somehow?
Click to expand...


Swap the fox manual tracks on.
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,325
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Nov 27, 2010
#24
  • Nov 27, 2010
  • #24
No.11 said:
Is the seating position a little lower with those seats than stock fox rears? I realized today that tall people cannot sit in back in my car X_x
Click to expand...


Slightly...but not by much
 

citmov

10 Year Member
Sep 25, 2009
632
12
49
Chi-town
Nov 28, 2010
#25
  • Nov 28, 2010
  • #25
Mustang5L5 said:
Swap the fox manual tracks on.
Click to expand...

Thanks Mike...always so helpful!

One more quick question...are the 04 rear seats the same as the 99? If I'm going to put 04 rear seats I'm guessing it will be the same process you told me for the 99 rear seats, correct? Just want to make sure before I dive into this.
 

trbkrb

Founding Member
Jun 4, 2001
1,976
4
39
Houston, TX
Dec 2, 2010
#26
  • Dec 2, 2010
  • #26
Here is some more info on installing the 99-04 seats, front & rear in a Fox from my install:

2002 seats in a 1991 GT How to get them in?! - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums

The rear seat bottoms and backs did require a bit of work, but nothing major like paying someone hundreds of $$$ to recover the rear seats. And IMO they look a lot better with the bucket seat contours vs the Fox rear bench seat.
 

citmov

10 Year Member
Sep 25, 2009
632
12
49
Chi-town
Dec 2, 2010
#27
  • Dec 2, 2010
  • #27
trbkrb said:
Here is some more info on installing the 99-04 seats, front & rear in a Fox from my install:

2002 seats in a 1991 GT How to get them in?! - Corral.net : Ford Mustang Forums

The rear seat bottoms and backs did require a bit of work, but nothing major like paying someone hundreds of $$$ to recover the rear seats. And IMO they look a lot better with the bucket seat contours vs the Fox rear bench seat.
Click to expand...

Awesome link! That's got a ton of good info. Thanks!
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,325
18,049
224
Massachusetts
Dec 3, 2010
#28
  • Dec 3, 2010
  • #28
citmov said:
Thanks Mike...always so helpful!

One more quick question...are the 04 rear seats the same as the 99? If I'm going to put 04 rear seats I'm guessing it will be the same process you told me for the 99 rear seats, correct? Just want to make sure before I dive into this.
Click to expand...

Yes, 99-04 seats are exactly the same. Same process.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Fox Full set of seats in the back of a hatch
  • keel
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
274
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 31, 2026
keel
Fox Rear Seat Belts - 87-89 vs 90-93 length
  • dan50
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
190
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
Mustang5L5
B
TMI Seat Foam for 89 (Need Info)
  • badazz81z28
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
80
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
badazz81z28
B
B
WTB 1987-89 Sport Seats or Upholstery
  • badazz81z28
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
9
Views
217
Want to Buy Sep 24, 2026
badazz81z28
B
E
  • Sticky
2003 Mustang GT convertible water leak
  • Eightiesrock1980
  • Jul 27, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
228
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 28, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?