What's A Fair Price For The New 2017 Gt Pp From A Dealer?

stioc

Sep 29, 2017
Hey guys, first a quick background- I'm a total newbie when it comes to Mustangs but stumbling upon the GT350 has been keeping me awake for the past month of so. However, there's no way I could tie up $60k in a car right now. Doing a bit of research led me to the 5.0 with the performance package and possibly the Handling Pack suspension on it to get something still plenty fast and fun both on the streets and very occasionally doing a few HPDE sessions a year. A few questions:

1. Local dealer gave me his best and final on a Magnetic GT with PP for $34500 out the door. Considering the 2018s are out and I see a couple of used ones (2015/2016) with 13-20k miles for around $28k-30k I'm not sure which direction I should go (of course the warranty is something to account for). I was even thinking perhaps waiting until early next year to pick up a low mileage lease return vs. a new 2017 now. I can't decide.

2. How usable are the backseats, I have a 13yo to cart around. I'm planning to keep the family sedan if needed but would be nice not to have the extra car.

3. Looks wise I love the GT350 with stripes (why I even started looking at the Mustangs) so I'm debating between a magnetic with red stripes (aftermarket option?) or a white with blue stripes along with some sort of a smallish spoiler in the back and a few subtle touches (grill insert etc) to get me close to the GT350 looks. Has anyone done it here?

Thanks for any feedback and info.

• Sponsors (?)

Since the stang will be your daily driver, if you live anywhere that gets snow, you WILL need a set of winter tires or at least some all season tires as the pirelli P-zero tires that come with the PP totally suck in the snow. Or you could do what I did and just have the mustang as a summer toy and keep the sedan.

If your any taller than about 5'6" then the back seat is useless except for the dog.

Price wise, your better off with the new one for 34K than a used one for 30, and every bank in the country will give a lower rate on a new car vs. used.

As for looks, check out https://www.americanmuscle.com/2015-ford-mustang-parts.html and https://lmr.com/? They have stripe kits, spoilers, hood scoops, wheels, etc to get the look you want.

what is the sticker price of the car your interested in? 34.5K may or may not be a good price, it depends on what the sticker is. Mine was 48,100 sticker and I paid 43,500 for it.

Hey guys, first a quick background- I'm a total newbie when it comes to Mustangs but stumbling upon the GT350 has been keeping me awake for the past month of so. However, there's no way I could tie up $60k in a car right now. Doing a bit of research led me to the 5.0 with the performance package and possibly the Handling Pack suspension on it to get something still plenty fast and fun both on the streets and very occasionally doing a few HPDE sessions a year. A few questions:

1. Local dealer gave me his best and final on a Magnetic GT with PP for $34500 out the door. Considering the 2018s are out and I see a couple of used ones (2015/2016) with 13-20k miles for around $28k-30k I'm not sure which direction I should go (of course the warranty is something to account for). I was even thinking perhaps waiting until early next year to pick up a low mileage lease return vs. a new 2017 now. I can't decide.

2. How usable are the backseats, I have a 13yo to cart around. I'm planning to keep the family sedan if needed but would be nice not to have the extra car.

3. Looks wise I love the GT350 with stripes (why I even started looking at the Mustangs) so I'm debating between a magnetic with red stripes (aftermarket option?) or a white with blue stripes along with some sort of a smallish spoiler in the back and a few subtle touches (grill insert etc) to get me close to the GT350 looks. Has anyone done it here?

Thanks for any feedback and info.

That sounds about right for a PP. I got mine for 35K with leather added on.

The backseats in my opinion are pretty useless. I kind of wished I went with the Dodge Scat PaK Charger or the Ford SHO, but i have another family vehicle.

The stripes like mentioned above are fairly reasonable price for a DIY and installation professionally isnt too bad.

I have the track pack but also drive the standard GT for a few weeks. I will say if your older the base GT rides better soft wise, but the Brakes on the PP are 100x better.

Mine is below. I will mention mine I had paint issues that are somewhat now fixed, but be aware.

So be sure to inpsect the car throughly and also know these cars are prone to rock chips on the hood and front bumper. Use a good wax or ceramic paint protectant.

2F378B1E-C99E-44F1-845F-C54201124AE5.jpeg

Attachments

• 4A9690E8-468E-4008-A3A2-BDE64A60549D.jpeg
    4A9690E8-468E-4008-A3A2-BDE64A60549D.jpeg
    673.6 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback and links! I went to test drive one this weekend and wow what a blast...and that 5.0 V8 sound is awesome. I haven't driven this powerful of a car in a long time. As for the color, I'm now looking for a race red one- that blue is also pretty cool in person so is the platinum white.

Pricing wise I talked to a couple of dealers, one of them told me he only saw two 2018s V8s in production right now so ford isn't offering big incentives on the 2017s yet. He think in a couple of months as the 2018 production ramps up they will so I'm going to keep an eye out and see what happens.

I'll most likely keep the family sedan and the Mustang will be my occasional driver so the PP is a must and quite possibly the track handling package from Ford Performance too.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback and links! I went to test drive one this weekend and wow what a blast...and that 5.0 V8 sound is awesome. I haven't driven this powerful of a car in a long time. As for the color, I'm now looking for a race red one- that blue is also pretty cool in person so is the platinum white.

Pricing wise I talked to a couple of dealers, one of them told me he only saw two 2018s V8s in production right now so ford isn't offering big incentives on the 2017s yet. He think in a couple of months as the 2018 production ramps up they will so I'm going to keep an eye out and see what happens.

I'll most likely keep the family sedan and the Mustang will be my occasional driver so the PP is a must and quite possibly the track handling package from Ford Performance too.

The Race Red I have had factory paint issues, Ford kind of resolved it but not entirely without a re-spray. I have reached out to a few others Race Red owners and some had minor trash in their paint as well. However while I was at the dealership, a newer RR 2017 came in and it looked perfect smh.

Just be sure to going over the car by hand either washing it or detailing....the dealerships like their cars getting clean for free and it would save you headaches. BTW they also sell the GT350 Front Bumper, fenders and pretty much anything you want to make it look close to the GT350.