What's with people thinking their stock parts collecting dust are worth gold??

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
In search of a stock 87-93 LX spoiler. I put up some feelers on local boards and it amazes me what people want for stuff that has "been in my garage for years"

Going rate for stock LX wing....$75 to 125 have been the offers I've gotten.

Am I the only one that thinks it's excessive? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

i have 2 HO intakes sitting here one ported and one un ported... i put up 40 for ported 30 unported... cant get anything

I have a stock intake too. I think i once tried to sell it for $20 and couldn't get anything on it.

Actually, when i was looking for the smog pump setup, i posted a WANTED ad on the local forums for a stock smog pump and all the tubing and stuff. First guy wanted $100 for the pump, hoses and smog tube.

we had one guy come get a black interior, and he ended up with i think 2 computers, 2 engine harnesses, a systemax lower, couple stock intakes, misc bolts and basically anything that needed to go lol..

you guys should be thankful, you arnt driving a 4.6, hell they want $200 for anything..

I listed all this on CL for $50...guy showed up 3 hours later. I prob could have gotten more, but lets be honest...it was just gathering dust. Would have loved to have given this to someone here on stangnet...but shipping would have been rediculous

Front stock control arms
front stock fox spindles
73mm calipers with pads
stock 4-lug rotors
stock 5-lug rotors
stock master cylinder
stock booster
4-lug drums
misc stock fox brake lines, fittings, etc.

I have a good 100K mile AOD I can't even give away for $100 :(

I tried selling my GT wing, painted to match and sand it, plus meet up with them to get the paint code and check for variance in the color and still no takers at $100. I thought that was pretty cheap

people are nuts on what they are asking. want a chuckle look on ebay for the crazy prices they list, yeah right mots of it is junk. I have to decide if I'm going to sell the body parts/wheels tires of my car from the resto project or toss them into the dumpster to save myself the trouble. If I do sell it's going to be cheap so I can get rid of it although I have given alot away also.

Only reason I had that intake for $150 is I learned that (especially on CL) if you strip and paint stock/gt40 intakes they sell for like $150ish. Sold a couple gt40s for $225 just because I painted them

I just sold some mint 79 tail lights for 50 and i guarantee you i couldve sat on them till the restoration craze really hits full swing but why? Someone had a need. Help your fellow enthusiast out or this is gonna be a terrible hobby in a few years.

apparently gt wings are made from unobtanium. when they were replaced with saleen wings they were apparantly destroyed and the ones left are untouchable.

Ive dabled on this subject as well over on penn mustangs where some guy thought he would pull $1800 for his black interior from his 91 gt. The guy went as far as making a spread sheet to prove his point. I hate when people make this hobby to rich for the common man. Theres also local CL ads with people asking insane ammounts for junk.

If the stuff is just sitting around and wasting away it makes no sense to make the number one goal of selling to be profit.. and like 85 SS said, help someone out!... and get an extra 20 bucks you didn't have before... people suck sometimes.

im done ranting now...

Ive dabled on this subject as well over on penn mustangs where some guy thought he would pull $1800 for his black interior from his 91 gt. The guy went as far as making a spread sheet to prove his point. I hate when people make this hobby to rich for the common man. Theres also local CL ads with people asking insane ammounts for junk.

I couldn't agree more! Some of the asking prices for a 35 year old, "regular" production musclecar are just stupid. I can understand some with low production numbers but.........

GT