whats your opinion on the 2010 svt f-150 raptor

• Sponsors (?)

They are very cool and they drive like no other truck I ever drove. It can kick ass while jumping dunes but on the road it has mazing traction and loves to be tossed into a corner. It could use more power though. I wouldnt get a 2010, I would wait for the 2011 and get the optional 6.2L and really have some fun.

Very kick ass truck though.

Love 'em, but it's far from practical for me. It's pricey (not for what you get though), failrly poor gas mileage, it's not in crew cab format and there are really no places to go off roading here on L.I. (little beach runs, but my Expedition handles that). If I had burn money, I would love to have it my driveway for fun romping as a 2nd/3rd vehicle.

Nice if you're into off roading, or showing off your bank roll. I personally have no use for one and am with the consensus that it’s kind of ugly. I bet about 90% of the ones bought are going to end up being "pavement princess's".

I heard that building a similar stock Ford 4x4 truck with baja racing characteristics would be a lot more than buying this truck. I haven't ridden in one, but the thought of hitting 80-100mph in a stock truck over bumps and jumps sounds like a blast.

well considering about 90% of 4wd trucks never see the mud....why destroy a nice new truck? most trucks that are used off roads are old and already beat to hell and their is a reason for that.

I suppose, but normal 4x4 trucks were intended for multipurpose useage. From light Off-Roading, work site usage, to hauling, to towing heavy loads, to winter driving....to out right family vehicles!

The Raptor on the other hand was a purpose built vehicle designed with BAJA intent, specifically for hard core Off-Roading and dune jumping.

....most I'm afraid will turn out like many of the H1/H2 Hummers, Jeep CJ/YJ/TJ's and Toyota Land Cruisers did and that is dumbed down to status symbols for wealthy yuppies and soccer mom duty. :(

You ready for this...how about a pre production picture of the new Raptor Supercrew. If there was any question with regards to this vehicles intent, these pics pretty much answer it!?!

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a5da8972970c-800wi

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a5841449970b-800wi

6a00d83451b3c669e20120a5da8af6970c-800wi

Now, I'm not saying it wouldn't be a rockin set of wheels (although I'm sure not for what Ford will be asking for them) but what hard core 4x4’er buys an almost 19 ½ ft vehicle with a nearly 144.5” wheel base for serious Off-Roading? :shrug: