Roush Wheel and Tire size question and pic request..

88-378

Aug 10, 2007
Alpharetta, GA
Hi guys, i would like to run a 17X10 in the rear and a 17X9 in the front. Possibly those Stern replicas.

What size tires can I run? I would like maybe a little wider in the rear using Nitto 555r drag radials..

Also, do i need to worry about backspacing? Anyone have pics with a 17 inch with say a 245 or 275 tire?

• Sponsors (?)

i have 17x9 95r's on mine with 245/45-17 and they rubbed like crazy so i would only imagine 275's will do the same so check into a slightly smaller size bc that was my option. sorry no exp with 275 but this what i exp with mine

Edge!

How is married life treating you?

You get props man for being the only guy I know with multiple Ford Mustangs in England and you mod them to boot!

Sorry for the hijack.

As for the post, You are going to have issues with most 17x10 wheels on a stock Saleen fox rear track width.

Here is as good as it gets. If you run a 17x9 inch wide wheel, and leaving your quads the most offset you can go before hanging the outside of the wheel outside of the wheel well you can't run more than 6 and 10/16" backspace. I believe the Cobra R's (17x9's) rear run a 5.95 backspace?? Poor memory.

There are plenty of guys that get 17x10's on the rear of a sn95 rear axle swap like a Ranger or Aerostar length axle which are about an inch and aquarter shorter. More wheel choices for sure if you swap out your SVO/Lincoln length axles.

Edge!

How is married life treating you?

You get props man for being the only guy I know with multiple Ford Mustangs in England and you mod them to boot!

Hey Marcus,

married life is surprisingly good!!! Made is over the year mark so I cant be doing it all wrong... Luckily I had my Mustang facination before I got married otherwise she may not have been so understanding! On the right hand side of the pic above you can just about see the edge of the 92LX I bought as a parts car and dumped on the front driveway of our new house!

I'm up to 3 Mustangs so far (if you count the LX) and it would have been 4 had my ebay clicking finger not been too slow!!!!!!

sorry on my part for the thread hijack too !!!!

another option

My son has a 92 coupe, with the Ford Motorsport 5 lug conversion. After much measuring, he discovered that he could run 17X10.5 inch wide wheels, but not the popular stern copy......which was his first choice. But, he could run the fr 500 copy...with no issues..did not have to remove the quad shocks..........oh, and by using 04 Cobra front spindles, he could run 17X9 inch wide fronts.

Here is a thread..on here with pictures. Nothing rubs.....and the car is not lowered....

http://forums.stangnet.com/779698-its-been-while.html

Good luck.

Dan

i have bfg g-force kdw on mine. work fine on friends cobra, lx and gts lowered but maybe saleens are lil diff for some reason i dunno someone with another fox saleen needs to chime in see maybe if my car is wierd. fox saleens came with 225/50-16 not 225/55 like reg mustangs. 225/50 is 24.9ish dia and 225/55 is 25.7ish dia depending on tire brands so thats almost 1".

Im wanting to run a different wheel setup on an 89 saleen. Since its already 5 lug stock , 17x9 front and 17x10 rear are the only options. Wanting to run the saleen stern replicas but wanted to know what I would have to do to get that to work with no issues ?