Which bolt/thingy is missing from my convertible hinge mechanism? 90 LX

WindsorPenchant

Dec 28, 2020
Ingurland
Hi everyone,

I the other day whilst hanging around in the car had my eye caught by an anomaly!
There's some sort of a cap/pin or some such retaining bolt missing nearby one of the main fold points on the frame

I can't quite tell exactly what the nature of it is and can't really get at much of it that well. The other side certainly doesn't want to come apart without objection.

Anyone might be able to help me track down exactly what I need to grab for replacement here?
Many thanks! :coff:

Attached pics of the missing and in-tact side

Attachments

• hingepin.png
    hingepin.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
  • hingepin2.png
    hingepin2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • Sponsors (?)

Sorry, forgot to add that the car is a 1990 LX!

Haven't been able to track much down unfortunately as the convertible with all its mechanism seems absent from any of the bolt lists I've found :(

Don't really feel keen on operating the hood until I know a bit more as I expect it's all been put together like that for a reason! :D

I'm not as experienced as so e here, but I don't really know what I'm looking at. Maybe you can take a picture zoomed out a little and circle where this bolt is?

I have a 90 LX convertible and I'll try taking a picture of the same area this weekend if I can.

Hey man,
Thanks for the reply!

Sorry it's been a while, topsy turvy week.

I had a closer look and got a better photo etc!

I've circled the area up on the good side but hard to get the camera exposure to see so well

Anyway I got in there closer with the flashlight and had a rummage and well.. it's broken

Not sure exactly what I'm looking at yet and how big of a PITA the fix will be but it's some progress.. I'm going to have a bud help me lower the top by hand now we've got some sunny days again and I'll to try and figure out what to do next!

I'll update with a bit more once that happens and seriously appreciate anything you could chip in

vert1.jpg
vert3.jpg
vert4.jpg
vert5.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Jeez.. Finally might be able to take a look at this again in June.. Have any of you guys been having a crazy May? Weirdest I've ever seen in the UK!

I thought I'd see if anyone might happen to know ahead of time what the part is? Not looking forward to taking the hood apart to replace this!

My thoughts are I should be able to piece this back together as a whole and then 3D scan and print a reproduction at the very worst.

Either way the car isn't exactly going to be out and about much if there's no top down ambience to soak up seasons wise so I'm not overly stressed on it but I'm trying to get this thing back to how it rolled off the line so it is one of the more involved / off-the-wall jobs I might have to take care of on the car