Which company sells the best reproduction/aftermarket parts for 87-93 Mustangs?

Mercedez

Jun 3, 2008
San Francisco
Since most of the parts for a 1988 Mustang GT are now discontinued,
I know they say it is better to get junk yard parts but those are some pretty old parts over 20 years old it is bound to have some blemishes or type of damage or rust.
It is also said that the aftermarket parts don't fit as good as the junk yard parts but they are brand new.

So what are the names of the few Mustang companies that sell reproduction/aftermarket parts that fit the best?

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of parts are you referring to? If its body parts you're after, the best brand as far the front/rear bumper covers and hood would be Cervinis. The only problem is they don't make reproduction GT pieces only '93 Cobra.

I would be hesitant to buy any sheet metal parts from Late Model Restoration. LMR relies on a large number of overseas manufacturers (mostly Chinese) to supply their parts. There is also no advantage in having new parts anyway. As long as the used pieces are good shape (no rust) you will not be able tell the difference once they are installed, painted and blended in with the rest of the car. If you're still set on getting new parts just keep searching ebay for a set of NOS ford parts.

Let's see a hood, a fender, header panel, and a front bumper cap:shrug:
Cervinis makes a great looking hood that has two scoops or holes in it but it cost around $400.
What is NOS ford parts?
Maybe it is better to leave it up to the bodyshop since they seem to go more towards junk yard parts.

What is NOS ford parts?
Maybe it is better to leave it up to the bodyshop since they seem to go more towards junk yard parts.

NOS-New Old Stock

So what are the names of the few Mustang companies that sell reproduction/aftermarket parts that fit the best?

My answer was based on this.

Nothing would be better than original parts/tooling:nice:

NOS (New Old Stock) are new original Ford parts that have been discontinued years ago. NOS parts (especially the major parts) are very hard to come by on ebay. As for used parts, you can leave it to the Body Shop to get you all parts from the JY but he will charge extra for the time, labor, etc. to get those parts. If I were you i'd supply the Body Shop with as much parts as possible to keep the costs low.

:notnice:I am not strong enough to lift, carry and transport a fender, hood, header panel and front bumper cap.:scratch::crazy: