Who Wants To Be Awesome And Take A Quick Photo Of Their Brake Light Switch And Do Me A Huge Solid!

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
Fellas,

New 92 LX 5 speed owner here. Curgently I have zero brake lights. I'm 9o% sure it's the brake light switch. I bought a new switch for $6 and installed it the same way the old switch was installed. I had brake lights then got to dmv and they didn't work. The switch is hanging down on the rod, longoing ways, vertical, and I just don't see how it gets much contact as the spring and unit appears as though it should face horizontal. It just slides around and this cannot be correct. Could anyone just take a quick photo of their brake light switch so I can replicate the proper install. And yes, I've searched the forum and YouTube and have not found much in the way of visual evidence. I know this may sound dumb, but man you guys taking a quick minute would help me greatly! Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Also I've obtained diagrams, and there is a plastic collar that slips over the rod, my car does not have it. That could eadily.be the.reason why it just dangles loosely down. LMR sells a kit for $8 that has it, so ill order that, but would still love to see a photo. Thanks.

Man, you are awesome. I don't know how I didn't find that thread. But as I suspected, it goes horiental.... mine is hanging down vertical. I installed it horizontal, and it got stuck on that brace at one point and wouldn't let the brake out all the way. Def safety Hazzard luckily I was only.in the neighborhood. I ordered the bushing and then I will go head and zip tie it to not fall.down like the person in that post did. Thanks a ton brother. Seriously.

Reactions: 1 user
@92Apocalypso post some pics of your car, man! I've got a calypso car, always love to see them.

Hell ya man, right now it's parked at my father's house until I get it this thing through inspection. It's giving me a ton of problems and I don't know much about these cars. But here's the only photo I have....
IMG_20170307_154119_541.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Just wanted to update in case anyone in the future anyone has a problem with this brake light switch. My brake lights are all good now. Essentially, there was a black plastic bushing that has to go on the brake lever Rod that the brake light switch attaches to.... because mine was not present, the switch would slide and fall down and there would be no contact when brakes pressed. No parts place carried it, but LMR had the bushing and a plastic washer in a brake light switch kith I paid $8 shipped and the black bushing did the trick. Prevented the switch from moving at all.