Who's swapped from a street heat upper to a track heat on a h/c/i car?

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
New York
Just wondering what kinda gains you saw? I'm looking to make some small easy changes to my car. Ed C recommended an rpm intake and a 75mm TB. I dont feel like buying a brand new intake and installing it, so im thinking about a track heat upper with an accufab 75mm TB(internet racers, please do not tell me this is too big). Im really thinking these 2 things are a decent restriction on my set up. What increases have you seen? Any dyno or track times?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, as far as the t-body, thats your call. you already seem content on that. If your going to hit up a t-body that big, the TFS track upper will work much better. There is more to gain top end there.

do YOU think that 75mm is too big?

N8Miller said:
do YOU think that 75mm is too big?

No, its exactly what my car NEEDS. My post wasnt asking about what people think about a 75mm TB on my car, it was asking what kinda gains people have seen swapping to a track heat upper on a good h/c/i combo. I"m thinking between the 2 mods, I should see gains.

I've seen the track heat flow a tad better on the upper rpm range than the rpm II (granted, this was on a motor with trickflow heads as well). If you go track heat, 75mm tb, if you go rpm, then I'd say use the 70mm since that's what the rpm II is.

Grn92LX said:
Just wondering what kinda gains you saw? I'm looking to make some small easy changes to my car. Ed C recommended an rpm intake and a 75mm TB. I dont feel like buying a brand new intake and installing it, so im thinking about a track heat upper with an accufab 75mm TB(internet racers, please do not tell me this is too big). Im really thinking these 2 things are a decent restriction on my set up. What increases have you seen? Any dyno or track times?

That throttle body is way to big and your heads cam combo is all wrong...

You need to scrap those ****ty TFS heads and get you some real man's heads (AFRs, duh)... Hell with it.... you should just shoot yourself and let someone who knows what they're doing have your mustang (like me :)) :flag:

:banana:

I did do a swap from street heat to track heat this year but i also made a switch on heads so i dont know if it is relivant, but here goes. Last year w/some milled e-brock heads w/2.02 valves and light portwork and the street upper w/1" spacer and a comp xe274hr,i dyno'd 285 rwhp, this year w/AFR 185's(2.02 valve's), same cam, and a track heat upper w/1" spacer i dyno'd 310 RWHP. Best results i can give you, granted the heads were probably a big gain but this was attained at 12 degrees timing and it was still running a little fat so im guessing there was more room to gain w/some more timing and maybe a little less fuel.

After looking at all the work and most importantly, money, I decided against it. Im looking at around $6000 (To do it right) for it all not including the $1100 I just spent buying a used tremec tko and pro 5.0 from a dude on here. I still gotta buy a bell, clutch, fluid, speedo gear and a 31 spline driveshaft.

I might just go back to nitrous and swap in the track heat and 75mm TB. Also a new mass air meter.

Bob- If you ask me, the track heat upper is all wrong for the E303 cam. I think you'd gain under the curve and your peak might stay the same. I thin you need some longtubes on your car. When I had the full TFS combo with shorty headers I made 339tq with a cool down, fwiw. Wanna trade? :D I'll pay shipping for both :)

Yeah, I might look for another used nitrous kit. 3rd times a charm LOL

Mike

Me personaly...i'm not a fan of the track heat. The street will perform just as well..not worth the price justification to me. I've used the street,track,modified street(shortend runners to resemble a victor, ported lower),rpm, rpm II, victor 5.0...i really liked the way the II woke up my n/a combo on the street. It picked up over the modified tfs too. I'm sure you read the article in MM&FF i think it was. Just not a fan of the track heat upper compared to the street.

Never tried a holley...this will/would be my next choice for another n/a setup..or the rpm II.

well if i should be making about 20 more horse what is the problem? my whole thinking is everything is alittle big. The heads, then the longtubes are 1 3/4 but these dyno's were with the car over 180* and thats sae corrected.