Would a cobra 75mm stock MAF be beneficial to my GT?

1TRIKGT

Mar 31, 2005
Miami, Fl
Just wondering if switching out my stock MAF to a cobra one would be an upgrade or not?Also if it will work with my stock 19lb inj or if Ill need to use 24lb injectors? Theres a guy selling his C&L tube and stock 75mm corba MAF from a 95 that Im looking to purchase if its worth it.

Thanx Jose

• Sponsors (?)

They might be the same... Im not sure. I dont think that the comp catibrates for 24's, at least not on its own... I put a pair of 24's on when I first got the car and the car didnt seem to like that, so I took it to a mustang shop and they said that the only way they would work would be if I had the MAF re-calibrated.

You wouldn't see much of a difference...because they are the same piece. The difference is in the calibration of the EEC.

The cobra uses a different computer than the GTs do. The reason ur car didn't like the 24 lb/hr injectors is because ur GT computer is set-up to run 19 lb/hr injectors. If you changed over to a cobra EEC then everything would have worked out perfectly.

Now, if you had a mild build-up, a manual tranny, and wanted to go with 24 lb/hr injectors you could then upload a cobra tune if you had a tweecer. That'd make tuning it much easier.

sry...I'm sitting in school right now and just felt like rambling on....

Really?? I swapped in a Pro-m bullet 75mm and gained 2 tenths and 2 mph with mine. I'm really happy with it.

1. the stock mustang gt and cobra meter for the 94-95's is the same 70mm unit.

2. the inj. size IS done in the eec and has NOTHING to do with the factory maf. All the maf does is tell the eec how much AIR is coming into the motor...AIR not fuel. The eec uses the info from the maf to calc. based on what size inj. it is setup to run with to add/subtract fuel for the traget A/F ratio...the EEC does this not the maf.

3. there is a fairly large flow diff. from the stock gt/cobra maf and a Pro-M 75mm unit so over the factory maf you just may see an improvement...not always but it is more possible than swapping to a 94-95 "cobra" maf that is the exact same.

4. for more info search the subject, there are TONS of posts that will go into more detail if you want it splaind' futher.