Write-up: How to equip an 87-93 stang with HID's the RIGHT way. LOTS of pics.

My question is more of this.

IF your modifying the Fox headlight housing to accept the Projector, i would assume you "glue" the projector to the fox housing correct?

After this is done, how do you properly adjust the "aim" of the beam? Utilizing the stock fox adjustments i guess???? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

My question is more of this.

IF your modifying the Fox headlight housing to accept the Projector, i would assume you "glue" the projector to the fox housing correct?

After this is done, how do you properly adjust the "aim" of the beam? Utilizing the stock fox adjustments i guess???? :shrug:

You are correct sir they are "glued" to the housing however after the backing plate is modified you adjust them as you would regular mustang lights with the same screws.

Wow this is an oldie thread. Aren't there HID lights out now? I know there's halo style lamp conversions for the 4 eye cars on ebay.

You can change the 9004 bulbs with HID conversions however since the lens is not made for the angle of light the HID light bulb produces a good light spread is hard to achieve. You get a better light spread with the "ultra" clear housings since the reflector is used to spread the light. Also with the conversions you lose the "hi" beam since most of those bulbs do not move as the Bim'rs do.

don't the bi xenon lights have high and low beams? I just don't want to spend the 200 or so dollars to put bulb conversions without the lenses from the newer cars as well. How many inches wide should the lenses be to fit with as little cutting to the headlight assembly?

Yea, I finished a few weeks ago actually. I just haven't had a chance to take new pics of the light output. Here are some pics of the final product. I still have to make some more adjustment to get the lights to line up nicely. Once the weather clears up, I'll have more pics.

DSCN1420.jpg

DSCN1448.jpg

DSCN1447.jpg

Some output pics.
View attachment 474885

View attachment 474887
low beam
View attachment 474889
high beam
View attachment 474891
side shot
View attachment 474893

These give you a good idea of how much light output there really is.
View attachment 474895

View attachment 474897

I don't know where they went but a lot of these image links are broken. Did you remove images or kill a thread that they were referenced from?