Exhaust Headers And Such

Why are all the long tubes listed to fit a Foxbody not listed to fit an SN? I have a set of long tubes from my Fox that I want to put on my '95 GT, but there's nothing showing that they fit...

If the engine is the same and the chassis is the same, what's the difference?

Steering shaft? K-member?

I have everything EGR-related deleted...

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

The transmission has some differences - longer input shaft which translates into a bit larger bell, and different location of the clutch fork which might interfere. The SN95 doesn't share a whole lot of sheet-metal with the Fox so there are other dimensional differences. With that said I'd once heard many Fox LT's will fit the SN95, it's the shorties that often don't. But this depends on your specific headers and how they're bent and routed, you'll want to search for information specifically about your parts.

Here's a thread discussing the issue: https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/difference-between-fox-and-sn95-headers.783782/

The clutch fork on an SN is in a different location, that's it. BBK Foxbody headers actually fit better in an SN than the SN headers do if you use a Foxbody manual transmission. I swapped to Foxbody headers when I went up to 1 and 3/4" primaries. The SN headers rub on everything.

Kurt