1969 MACH 1 into a BOSS 429

Afternoon ALL, NEW to site, I own a 69 Mach 1 S Code with a Non Original 428 in it, Auto Trans. I’m having the engine rebuilt next month but an opportunity has come up to put a Brand New BOSS 429 into it. Is this process as Difficult and Ugly as I’ve been reading? I just spent a lot of money having a front suspension done and I’m not gonna rip that all out and if that’s what is required I’ll just build up the 428 that I have. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

• Sponsors (?)

Install a REAL Boss engine you'll need to shave the shock towers, look at a Boss 9 in an actual Boss mustang, you'll see what I mean, oh, and Trump money for a real Boss 9. Jon Kaase built heads for the 385 ford block nearly identical to the Ford Boss 9, I don't know if he still does, I think someone stroked and poked a windsor block displacing 429 cubes that would pretty much drop right in, I guess it would depend on what engine it is but I believe the steering and suspension mods would be minimal.
It has been a long time soooooo.
Oh, welcome to :SN: check out the classic forums and as always 'don't forget the pics!

Install a REAL Boss engine you'll need to shave the shock towers, look at a Boss 9 in an actual Boss mustang, you'll see what I mean, oh, and Trump money for a real Boss 9. Jon Kaase built heads for the 385 ford block nearly identical to the Ford Boss 9, I don't know if he still does, I think someone stroked and poked a windsor block displacing 429 cubes that would pretty much drop right in, I guess it would depend on what engine it is but I believe the steering and suspension mods would be minimal.
It has been a long time soooooo.
Oh, welcome to :SN: check out the classic forums and as always 'don't forget the pics!
Thank You for your thoughts and advice. Very much appreciated.

An engine builder in Indiana. I believe he said bored out to a 572 but I could be mistaken. I’m sure the 428 build up would be more than enough and I’d cash to put towards paint. Body is done and it’s in primer now.

IMG_6088.png
IMG_5492.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Looks like a motorcycle with a faring in a house but I'm probably just seeing things lol

O ya you rely do have a single overhead cam engine it's rely a real boss429 most people call the standerd inblock cam engine if it's got a 4 barel carburetor but mister you've got the real thing and don't you ever sale it unless you give me a chance to buy it I would probably just leve it on the run platform and just start it once in a while man it's been a long time since I've seen one of them but you maid my day I'm a lover of iorn don't ever put that back in a car again your lybill to hert it or abues it I still can't believe I seen one again in my liftime they put a new meening to rair if you no what I mean ok I'm going to quite remanysing you see I had one once upon time until the judge said she and she did and I didn't and I still cry every time I think about it ok it was a real pliger you be safe stang friend .
What in the jethro banjo playing hell did I just read?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
It is a contradiction.
On the one hand it is a single overhead cam engine.
On the other hand it is a Boss 429
He does not want the guy to "sale" it
When in fact he should not sell it.
He has a maid during the day
He loves iron, but does not want to be held "lybill" for "hert" it or abuse it.
"meening" it is to "rair"

After that, I give up.
BTW, what happened to his post?
Don't see it in the thread anymore.

Drugs are bad. Mkay.
Good talk.

It is a contradiction.
On the one hand it is a single overhead cam engine.
On the other hand it is a Boss 429
He does not want the guy to "sale" it
When in fact he should not sell it.
He has a maid during the day
He loves iron, but does not want to be held "lybill" for "hert" it or abuse it.
"meening" it is to "rair"

After that, I give up.
BTW, what happened to his post?
Don't see it in the thread anymore.

Drugs are bad. Mkay.
Good talk.
Yeah, uh... [all] the other posts from that account were the same. :O_o: