Attachments

• IMG_1454.png
    IMG_1454.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_1458.jpeg
    IMG_1458.jpeg
    670.3 KB · Views: 28
Reactions: 1 users
What exhaust does the Stage 1 have? 2005 more specifically? I'm looking to do an axle back to add just a little more noise. Wife suggested going with the Roush cat-back to keep it all Roush but I'm wondering if it's the same thing that it came with? I'd do a cat back but sounds like you need a tuner but i don't want to go that route.
Any suggestions? Don't want it too loud and want to keep the rectangular Roush tips back on it

It has Roush brand
What exhaust does the Stage 1 have? 2005 more specifically? I'm looking to do an axle back to add just a little more noise. Wife suggested going with the Roush cat-back to keep it all Roush but I'm wondering if it's the same thing that it came with? I'd do a cat back but sounds like you need a tuner but i don't want to go that route.
Any suggestions? Don't want it too loud and want to keep the rectangular Roush tips back on it
It has Roush branded mufflers. They say Roush on them.

What bumper do I have? I was told when I bought the car that it was backed into in a parking lot damaging the front bumper. Most all of the Roush bumpers I see have that lower lip that mine does not have. But if you look at the distance from the fog lights to the bottom on mine that distance seems farther than the ones with the lip. The red one is mine. The P51 for an example of the normal Roush bumper. Look how short the distance is from the fog light to where the lower lip is attached.

Attachments

• Roush7.jpg
    Roush7.jpg
    630.6 KB · Views: 11
  • P51.jpg
    P51.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 6
Is that the only difference between the GT and Stage 1 is the mufflers? Roush also sells aftermarket exhaust. Looks a little more aggressive?
No there are a lot of differences depending on what options were chosen. The most basic stage 1 had the body kit which consisted of different front and rear bumpers, side skirts, rear wing, and the Roush exhaust with the rectangular tips. You could add from there. Mine has the Roush gauges, red and black leather, Roush pedals, Roush floor matts, Roush quarter window louvers and the 18x10 Roush chrome wheels. Stage 2 was all that plus suspension changes, and stage 3 was both stage 1 and 2 plus the supercharger and associated parts and tune. Stage 3 was not offered for the 2005 year.

Last edited:
Thats the Roush front end, but your missing the optional Roush chin spoiler
I actually found several pictures of it on the web. I believe the front end I have is the one you got if you ordered it by itself from Roush which makes sense at least to me. My bumper was replaced do to a parking lot mishap before I owned it. I actual prefer the one on my car to the one with the lower lip. Again if you look at the 2 pics you can see that the 2 bumpers are different besides the lip. Here is a pic of it on another Mustang. Look at the distance from the bottom of the fog light to the bottom edge where the lip would attach to. It's over 2 inches on mine and the white one. The P51 pic I posted it is less than an inch.

1717624185073.png

That is correct, the chin spoiler ($371) option overlapped the Roush front facia a little bit. Roush only made 1 front facia for the '05-'09 Mustangs. Early '05 cars sometimes did not have the chin spoiler, also several early ones also lacked the white Roush gages. I'm pretty sure later years they made it standard.

Attachments

• IMG_3723.jpeg
    IMG_3723.jpeg
    958.5 KB · Views: 5