Build Thread As Requested: Project Horse Manure

Hey tell me something. How come when i try to dump codes, disconnect the batt and all that, it won't come out of limp mode? Codes are all there still, and it wont rev above 4000.. I thought it would start all over???
Thats weird. Id disconnect it . Cycle the head light switch 2-3 times to make sure any stray bit of voltage is drained and then leave it off for 15 minutes and reconnect it. If nothing changes maybe you have an ECU issue.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats weird. Id disconnect it . Cycle the head light switch 2-3 times to make sure any stray bit of voltage is drained and then leave it off for 15 minutes and reconnect it. If nothing changes maybe you have an ECU issue.

Yeah, done it. I'll look into it more tomorrow.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, i remember someone saying something about having to repin o2 sensors with an a9l..

I believe this car was originally an auto car swapped to 5spd. I also have an a9l computer on the shelf.. I can't just plug it in to test it, can I? Would I be better off trying a new unit like what it has in it? (Can't remember the number on it)

Hey guys, i remember someone saying something about having to repin o2 sensors with an a9l..

I believe this car was originally an auto car swapped to 5spd. I also have an a9l computer on the shelf.. I can't just plug it in to test it, can I? Would I be better off trying a new unit like what it has in it? (Can't remember the number on it)
If its an auto computer it will fry the a9l. I tried re pinning and the site where i got the schematic from was never right because i fried two stick computers trying to do it. PS my car still has an auto comp in it to this day.

If its an auto computer it will fry the a9l. I tried re pinning and the site where i got the schematic from was never right because i fried two stick computers trying to do it. PS my car still has an auto comp in it to this day.

That's what i was thinking. I guess I'll leave the manual computer on the shelf and try to find one for auto. My son was telling me he found wet padding around the computer a while back. Could be a sign of what's going on.

The last time my green car went stupid throwing a million random codes the computer was bad.

A9P is the auto computer. If I still had mine, I'd send it your way for shipping, but alas I already sold it :(

I might can go look at my '89 wiring diagram and see what pins are different in the o2 harness, but would take a bit of time.

A9P is the auto computer. If I still had mine, I'd send it your way for shipping, but alas I already sold it :(

I might can go look at my '89 wiring diagram and see what pins are different in the o2 harness, but would take a bit of time.
There's another variant as well . The a9s I believe . I had it in my car . That's also an auto computer .

Time for a Tweecer or a PiMP..
lol
A bunch of years ago a friend of mine had an OTC Ford Pin checking tool/Breakout box, and he repinned a 92 Lx I had. It had been swapped and didn't run right etc. until after the O2's and a couple other pins

Everything should start smoothing out now. I put the Mushroom Clown in @stykthyn 's post just before the pass videos. :nice:

Just in-case there are any hard-case gremlins:

Clown-Mushroom-Cloud.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Ok, pulled the compooter out of the car it is a....

C3W1.

Anyhoo, my mad scientist buddy is going to crack it open tomorrow and look for bad capacitors and diodes, blah, blah, blah and replace anything that looks bad. Maybe it'll work, if not, I'll be shopping.

Yeah, so my friend opened up the pcm and said the bad parts e
he expected to find weren't there, as in- didn't appear bad.. so if anybody has a pcm for an auto car laying around, shoot me a pm.

Ok update. I just got off the phone with Jared at LMR. They sell an o2 harness and it is specific to 91-93 cars. He says any pcm from a 91-93 car will work with this harness, but no other. He suggested getting that harness and finding a pcm. I asked if my 92 a9l will work, and he says YES... So, here goes nothin...

Ok update. I just got off the phone with Jared at LMR. They sell an o2 harness and it is specific to 91-93 cars. He says any pcm from a 91-93 car will work with this harness, but no other. He suggested getting that harness and finding a pcm. I asked if my 92 a9l will work, and he says YES... So, here goes nothin...
What harness were you using before?

Get an ecu yet to try ?

Yeah. It didn't do the trick. And I know it's good, I pulled it out of my car. The only thing I haven't tried yet, I think, is the stator in the distributor. It's either that, or a broken wire in the harness, or a bad connection somewhere.
The last vehicle I had kick my butt so bad was an 86 ranger. I traded that sucker in on a silverado.

Edit: i found an old thread last night where people who had symptoms I'm having had a bad stator in their distributor.. So, that's next.