New fox seats and cover from Ford

• Sponsors (?)

So do you install the brace, then tack weld the nuts to the tower inside the wheel well area?
It makes more sense to install the bolts facing up and install the nuts on the top.
Essentially turning them into studs.
Either way is fine, but I think the cleaner look in the engine bay would be to weld the nuts to the bottom (once it's all installed and torqued so you know it fits correctly) and then you won't see the exposed thread of the studs when the hood is open.

For the seats I'd recommend the opposite and make them studs coming out of the floor.

Reactions: 1 user
I've had this issue with the wedge brackets.
The wrench or socket seems to always come off and i crack my hand on something.
Then there is the fact that the bracket and carpet cover the bolt hole making it more difficult.
Let's not forget that the subframe seat brackets get nuts on them, which makes it even more of a pain.

Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way, wonder if it's possible we should be putting the bolts in from under the car, giving them a tack weld so they don't move and installing nuts on the top similar to the studs in the front.
Agreed the rear mounting bolts in that cubed spot where the bolt would insert into makes it a real pain!!