Random Mustang II Pictures

If it were me, I'd think long and hard at using most of that. I'd probably ditch the solid lifters and go with a hydraulic cam and lifter set, otherwise I'd look at using it all since I have it. Besides, high horsepower doesn't necessarily mean it's not streetable..... :stick:

• Sponsors (?)

If it were me, I'd think long and hard at using most of that. I'd probably ditch the solid lifters and go with a hydraulic cam and lifter set, otherwise I'd look at using it all since I have it. Besides, high horsepower doesn't necessarily mean it's not streetable..... :stick:
Nothing wrong with solid rollers. They can even be used on a hyd roller cam, just have to "tight" lash it.
Hyd lifters are like marshmallows, they absorb a lot of what the cam is trying to do. A solid lifter always makes more power than a hyd lifter.
I went out in the garage and poked around.
I still have the old FAST XFI engine management system and harness.
I have a 8.8" Strange 35 spline spool
I have a set of 8.8" 4.10:1 gears and overhaul bearing kit.
I have a set of 2" tube dia merge collectors. But it is for 3.5" exhaust. Could always reduce down to 3" I guess.
I have a good collection of different size crank and blower pulleys and belts.
Oh, I also have a Hogan's sheet metal intake manifold with dual inj bungs per runner set up to bolt a KB S/C to.
Things that make me go Hmmm

Reactions: 1 user
It may end up that way.
I have a 2.8L Kenne Bell on the racecar, but I also have a 4.2L Kenne Bell ready to replace it
So...
That 2.8 becomes available.
I have a set of AFR 220 Renegade heads that just need a little repair work, so they could be used.
I have a set of JE 10.4:1 pistons for a 363 build, new in box, available.
Also have a MSD Distributor that could be converted back to original operation.
I have a MSD 6AL2 and the matching coil available.
I have a good used set of Crower Solid Roller Lifters.
And probably a half dozen other items that could be used.
BUT...that just turns the II into a "racecar"
Which I already have one of, that can't be driven on the street.
I need to stop. I am talking myself into building something entirely different than what I "want". Lol.
It's easy to get sucked into the black hole of speed. Maybe best to make a plan and stick to it?