Saleen Cobra ?????s

• Sponsors (?)

Make your own

If you cant find one make your own I bought an 03' snake and bought the full saleen kit with centered exhaust just buy the rims and even the saleen Calipers and you have a saleen Cobra it ends up being cheaper anyway. :spot: :spot: :spot: :spot:

:( ...there is so much mis-information out there it is not funny, so where to begin.

First off you cannot take a cobra that you own and have it sent to a "Saleen certified shop" and have them "Saleen your stang"

You have to have a untitled Cobra shipped from an authorized SVT and Saleen dealer to the Saleen factory to have it done.

Putting a body kit and some Saleen parts does not make a authentic Saleen Cobra, nothing against it but you have a replica or a clone, it's not real and you cannot sell it as such.

As for production numbers, they haven't released any numbers for 04 yet, but rumors are somewhere under 15 but more then 10, they should have the totals on 04 production any day now.

previous production is as followed

1996 11
1997 18
1998 35
1999 20
2001 15
2003 11

Newbie Saleen Owner

Hi folks, When I picked up my Cobra, the dealer said it was 1 of 5. Mine is #98. They also said all 5 were sequential. :shrug:

Attachments

• 25_4.jpeg
    25_4.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: 1 user
Mike H said:
Hi folks, When I picked up my Cobra, the dealer said it was 1 of 5. Mine is #98. They also said all 5 were sequential. :shrug:

hmm, don't mean to contradict your dealer, but I've seen pictures of two others that aren't within + or - 5 of 98.......04-90 and 04-126, and there were 6 mystichrome cobra's made into Saleen Cobras, 04-126 being one of them.

It's very rare for Saleen Cobra's to have that many sequential numbers, unless that dealer sent 5 cars to Saleen in one shipment, even then alot of times Saleen has been a little inconsistent in their numbering.

Now what do you do?? Do you drive much ? Do you put it in a steel garage safe the holds Saleen Cobra's.. I would be flipping out knowing even a pen in my back pocket could screw up my car. It is one of the nicest cars of that age I've ever seen except that one yesterday with the sidepipes. Congrats