0-60 with 4.10's much faster? I think so.

ALLOY2007GT

Oct 31, 2006
Well, i just installed 4.10 gears on my new manual 2007 gt (under full warranty by dealer with G410A):nice: and i noticed that you can pull to 62 mph at redline in second. Thus i see a 4.10 gear optimizing the 0-60 time in the stang.

I ordered my car with the 3.31 standard option and i couldnt notice much throtttle lag like everyone has been whining about because the car was geared so tall. now i know what you are talking about. stupi-ass DBW system is a piece of ****.

Anyways, wouldnt the 0-60 time in the stang dramatically reduce (like 0.2 sec) due to the way it is geared now?

i can tell you the seat of the pants feeling is awesome:jaw: and it definitely hits to 60 mph much quicker. first gear the tires break lose whenever i want, and i chirped the stocker tires going into 4th!

And must i say to everyone who "worries" about 4.10 being too much in a manul, i believe it is just right. do it without hesitation and you will never regret it. best fun ever. No to pay off the car and start adding power.

• Sponsors (?)

I would miss being able to hit 72ish in 2nd, but I'll probably still end up getting 4.10's lol.

that's what i thought too. then yesterday i got them in and went out for some fun and i must tell you that the gearig is much better. it puts it at a gearing more equal to that of an M3 which has kickass gearing. (opinion) If you got an intake and good tune + 4.10's you will probably beat an E39 M3 launch or roll. just dont go in the twisties you will die quickly. Of course I am not trying to compare a mustang an an M3, because i would drive an M3 over a stang anyday, but you get the idea.

LOL. good point. given you had good tires i think it would be a different story. i have stockers as well, but when the spring rolls around i am putting some fat meat on the back. I love the look of some huge ace tires out back.

I actually G-teched it on a horrible road and my car was stuck in traffic for an hour so I was pretty heat soaked, and I pulled off a consistent 5.2-5.4. I am sure with a cool down and better road I could probably get it down to a flat 5, give me some sticky tires and not the garbage that I have on there now, I sould be cracking 4's like I crack my wife in the mouth when she gets out of line.

I actually G-teched it on a horrible road and my car was stuck in traffic for an hour so I was pretty heat soaked, and I pulled off a consistent 5.2-5.4. I am sure with a cool down and better road I could probably get it down to a flat 5, give me some sticky tires and not the garbage that I have on there now, I sould be cracking 4's like I crack my wife in the mouth when she gets out of line.

Yeah, i guess most magazines tested the car in low low 5's to 60 and R&T got 4.9. With hitting 60 in the top of the power band, the car will definitely be in the high 4's to 60. It goes through 1st and second so much quicker. I drove an M3 once and after having the gears in I believe it is very comparable in straight line acceleration and the M3 was listed at 4.8 if i am not mistaken.

It is my thought thet you could hit as low as 4.6 0-60 with 4.10 and an intake/tune withe some drag tires. this would be around the 1.6 to 1.7 60ft time and a high 12 sec 1/4.

I may be thinking a little too optimistic here, though.

I notice some people, like me, have the balls to really push a car and others dont. Racing takes skill, but it isnt THAT hard to decently launch a RWD 300 hp car. I raced my friend in his STI when i was stock and beat him. Then we traded cars, and i whooped my own cars butt with my friends STI. some people just dont have race jeans i suppose.

Tune?

Well, i just installed 4.10 gears on my new manual 2007 gt (under full warranty by dealer with G410A):nice: and i noticed that you can pull to 62 mph at redline in second. Thus i see a 4.10 gear optimizing the 0-60 time in the stang.

I ordered my car with the 3.31 standard option and i couldnt notice much throtttle lag like everyone has been whining about because the car was geared so tall. now i know what you are talking about. stupi-ass DBW system is a piece of ****.

Anyways, wouldnt the 0-60 time in the stang dramatically reduce (like 0.2 sec) due to the way it is geared now?

i can tell you the seat of the pants feeling is awesome:jaw: and it definitely hits to 60 mph much quicker. first gear the tires break lose whenever i want, and i chirped the stocker tires going into 4th!

And must i say to everyone who "worries" about 4.10 being too much in a manul, i believe it is just right. do it without hesitation and you will never regret it. best fun ever. No to pay off the car and start adding power.

Have you installed a CAI? and of course the proper tune to go with the CAI and the 4:10's? You might have mentioned it somewhere and I missed it. If not, then you havent yet even thought of feeling the power in your engine yet.

Which is so cool, because an extra 30 horses or so will having you grabbing second in a big hurry if you nail it. :D

It is my thought thet you could hit as low as 4.6 0-60 with 4.10 and an intake/tune withe some drag tires. this would be around the 1.6 to 1.7 60ft time and a high 12 sec 1/4.

If you have an intake and a tune and some exhaust work that 1.6 or 1.7 60ft time should put you close to the mid 12's. With a 1.9 60ft I hit 12.9 so I'm sure it would be much quicker with that 60ft.

The 4.10s will cause the engine to run at a higher RPM while cruising on the highway. I went with the factory option 3.55s and don't have any complaints about the acceleration or performance.

I have driven 3.31, 3.55, 4.10 and 4.30 on manual cars.

3.31 sucks period.
3.55 not too bad, not that great.
4.10 hard acceleration, and not too bad on freeway. Perfect for my taste and needs.
4.30 amazing 1st and 2nd gear freeway is annoyingly high (for my taste).

metroplex. go drive a car with 4.10s and you will imediateley want to change to 4.10s. it is a HUGE difference. anyone with 4.10 will agree. anyone who doesnt is lying.

Have you installed a CAI? and of course the proper tune to go with the CAI and the 4:10's? You might have mentioned it somewhere and I missed it. If not, then you havent yet even thought of feeling the power in your engine yet.

Which is so cool, because an extra 30 horses or so will having you grabbing second in a big hurry if you nail it. :D

No i only have 4.10s right now and it has made traction a slight issue in 1st. I am waiting to pay off the car($10K) before i start adding mods. I drove a buddy's with Kooks LT and pipe, C&L with SCT, 4.30, Steeda Udp, CMCV delete (316RWHP) and it was sick fast. He tolde me half the extra power was from the intake and custom dyno tune alone. Here at 4200 ft altitude and horible DA readings, he ran 13.3 with drag radials. They say the car are about .7-.9 sec slower than a really decent track. just to give you an idea, a stock sti will run 14.0-14.2 and another friends 04 ZO6 stock ran 13.5 and he is a good drag racer. I personally pulled a best of 14.2 with my NA 3000gt with 75 spray and full exhaust and a 2.2 60ft(FWD) while raping a ricer turbo integra who ran 14.8.

Intake may be the only mod i do, except for some nice fat tires out back. I dont need a damn 90db car on the freeway. I had that in my 3000gt and it sucked ass cruising. couldnt her a damn thing. beside i may just go with a blower in a year or so. better than all that other **** by far.

4.10s next

That's my next mod. You had a dealer install-about how much will they charge? Did it include gears? Just want an idea how much I have to steal out of my budget.

I have driven 3.31, 3.55, 4.10 and 4.30 on manual cars.

3.31 sucks period.
3.55 not too bad, not that great.
4.10 hard acceleration, and not too bad on freeway. Perfect for my taste and needs.
4.30 amazing 1st and 2nd gear freeway is annoyingly high (for my taste).

metroplex. go drive a car with 4.10s and you will imediateley want to change to 4.10s. it is a HUGE difference. anyone with 4.10 will agree. anyone who doesnt is lying.

With 4.10s, the engine RPM at 75 mph in 5th gear will be around 2400-2500 RPM. That's the same as my gas guzzler of a Crown Vic running 3.55s with the 4R70W. I've driven cars with 4.10s and 4.30s in the past and I wouldn't want them on my Stang due to the reduced driveline critical vehicle speed. I almost didn't order the $87 3.55s for the Stang.

I've been thinking about going to 2.73s on the Crown Vic for better gas mileage and a higher top speed (higher driveline critical vehicle speed).