01 Cobra > 01 Porshe 911 Carrera 4

I just got a chance to run my 01 Cobra against my boss' 01 911 Carrera 4 which he paid over $90K for, and let me tell you there was no contest. The 911, with all wheel drive, stayed with the Cobra through first gear, but after that it was all over. The cobra pulled hard through second and third and left the 911 a good 4 or 5 car lenghts behind. It was awsome, I love my cobra. The 911 has Porshe "aftermarket/performance" intake and exhaust. My cobra has KN FIPK, BBK 65mm, SLP Loudmouth, Superchips tune, and MM front and rear Coilovers w/biltiens, MM full subs, strut tower and K brace. The funny thing is my car is not only faster in the stiaght line, but with the coilovers and chasis stuff it can hold its own agianst the 911 in handeling as well. All I need now is better brakes and I'll have this car beat in every aspect of driving. Talk about bang for your buck, I paid $15K for my used Cobra then put about $3K into it, so for $18K I was able to beat a $90K sports car. Now I can't wait to get my blower and take on my boss' friend's Ferrari 355. Thank you SVT, American muscle all the way. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I just raced him again tonight, because I wasn't quite sure either if he gaive it everything. He gave it everything, but I think he had traction control on or something during the first run. So we raced again, unfortunatly we could only take it up to about 70 b/c of a hard turn in the road ahead, but any way we started from a stop and stayed dead even the entire time on the straight, I may have gained some ground, but nothing like our first run. Of course with the turn coming up I wasnt about to be the first one to back down, so I waited for him to back off then moved in front to be on the inside of the turn, this was a two lane on ramp by the way so once we hit the highway I was in front and pulled away fast, he was on it, but I think I pulled so hard on him b/c I was in the proper gear and powered through the exit of the turn. The cars seem to have about the same pull when driven right. I think he had a much better launch the second time. I only lauch my cobra at the track, so I just did a normal start, I sure that had something to do with it. Heck, I'm just happy that I can play with a car thats 5x the cost of mine. Well, I guess its time for me to get 4.10s, I think that will really surprise him. :D

OrlandoStang said:
Oh, by the way, that car is a 2002 911 Carrera 4, not 2001, and a cabriolet (convertable), just to clarify

Good kill. I just got done teaching at a Porsche driving school. Most of the Porsche owners are weiners. They have the car becasue of the name and status - not performance and sure as hell not to drive hard! This was most likely a drivers win because you are the better driver!

I believe it. Previous generation Carreras are solid, well built cars, but they're not insanely fast at all. I've half-heartedly messed around with several 911s on Woodward and it's pretty clear neither car has a big advantage. (My 01's pretty much stock) Now see if you can get a race with a Turbo, that car specializes in all-aorund embarassment. ;-)

-Chris