01 Cobra couple ?s

Morpheusgpr

Founding Member
Jan 28, 2002
Indianapolis, IN
Gears Equipment and Diablo Sport

I am eventually looking to have it tuned and do the basic bolts ons and maybe even nitrous eventually.

What I was looking to know is when I go my 4.30 gears what else should I get to beef things up? Which brand is the best? A new rear end girdle? I have even heard of 03 half shafts to get the bigger ones? Please give me a list of things that I should consider to get and what the avg price should be.

Also is the Diablo Sport Predator something I should look into getting? Runs about 400 bucks and would let me change a few things but not sure if its worthwhile to me? Anyone gave some thoughts?

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Morpheusgpr said:
I am eventually looking to have it tuned and do the basic bolts ons and maybe even nitrous eventually.

What I was looking to know is when I go my 4.30 gears what else should I get to beef things up? Which brand is the best? A new rear end girdle? I have even heard of 03 half shafts to get the bigger ones? Please give me a list of things that I should consider to get and what the avg price should be.

Also is the Diablo Sport Predator something I should look into getting? Runs about 400 bucks and would let me change a few things but not sure if its worthwhile to me? Anyone gave some thoughts?

Thanks.

I would do a lot of research before attempting any tuning changes. As far as gears, stick with Motorsport brand. An aluminum driveshaft is a good cheap investment as well, seems to help take out some driveline slack - which becomes more noticeable with steeper gears. Nothing else needs to be 'beefed up' - just watch out for those halfshafts - they will shatter on a hard launch with slicks.

peace