04 SVT Cobra vs. 04 Sti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rootus said:
Comparing Cobras to STi's is apples to oranges. The only thing they share is price, in every other way they are aimed squarely at different markets. I'm just as likely to go buy an STi as your typical STi owner is to get a Cobra ... read: not likely! Soooooo what?
Oh my, what a dumbass...

:lol: :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

215what said:
Go to clubwrx.com these guys say that a stock sti can run 12.9 with a good driver! :rolleyes:

EDIT This thread was started in 04
with a hard launch, ideal track conditions, and a perfect run through the gears, a 12.9 is possible in a bone stock sti. under the same circumstances it is also possible in an 03/04 cobra. the fact of the matter is that track conditions are never perfect and neither are the people driving the cars. a 12.9 in either car bone stock is not going to be an easy thing to pull off on street tires. let me ask all of you that are making closed minded statements about the sti. have any of you ever driven one? im quite sure that most of you have never been behind the wheel of one. coming from someone who has owned both (sold the 03 cobra and still own the sti), i can tell you that in a race it will be very, very close. off the line, the sti will leave the cobra like its nothing, but by half track, the cobra will have made up the distance. i loved the cobra and wish i had never sold it, but my finances at the time forced the sale. last year i test drove an sti and fell in love. the sti is a blast to drive. the steering is super responsive, the handling is spectacular, and the stopping power with the brembo's is just as good. the acceleration is also great in every gear, including 6th. i get all of that with 20mpg, a solid idle, a quiet ride, and the insurance rates of a 4 cylinder sedan. on top of that, the car feels just as solid at 120+ mph as it does at 50. both cars are very close performance wise, but it is a totally different feeling. the cobra has a lot of low end grunt where the sti is happier above 4k. it really bugs me when people make statements with nothing to substantiate them but biased one sided opinions. end rant.....

This is definately an interesting read. Having owned an AWD Turbo car previously I can tell you the STI is nothing to scoff at. Any car set up with that type of platform is an amazing vehicle. Like metioned above, however, it's two different markets. It's what you prefer personally.

For me 04' Cobra with a set of Mickey Thompson drag radials...good bye STI:SNSign:

I'd have to say that if it were 64.8f degrees, 28% humidity, you were on a 89 degree, flat stretch of blacktop and had $47 in your wallet and Pluto was lined up with Ur-anus that the best car would be...:bang: :bang: :bang:
:worthlesa :dead:
This is one of those man vs. beast, elephant vs. 30 midgets pulling a bus type questions. AND ITS 2 YEARS OLD PEOPLE!

Status
Not open for further replies.