'05 GT-R concept on eBay?

Stangnut

Mar 24, 2003
Dothan, AL
Yes. Some guy claims to be selling the actual 2005 Mustang GT-R concept car!

EDIT: Link is no longer any good.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2487608394&category=6236

OK, there's no way this guy even has the GT-R, let alone be willing to sell it, but I don't get the catch. I figured somewhere in the fine print it would be a poster or a scale model. Can any one figure it out? (I have no idea why he has 1976 Ford listed as the title)

It's only a one day auction, starting bid is $100, the seller is in England, and the only things he's sold prior to this are clothes.

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

I like these details, 5 cyl engine, 4 wheel drive, cassette player, sun roof, made in 1976 and 21K miles. Quite a VIN # too. Sure sounds legitimate to me. :rlaugh:

Ford : Mustang Only eBay
Mustang Returns to Road-Racing With Mustang GT-R

Miles: 21251 Doors: 2 doors
Transmission: Manual Interior: Other
Engine: 5 - Cyl. Year: 1976
Warranty: No VIN Number: 11111111
Title: Clear Exterior: Yellow
Condition: Used Inspection: Inspected

Options
Sunroof Cassette Player 4-Wheel Drive Driver Airbag
Passenger Airbag Side Airbags Air Conditioning Cruise Control
Power Locks Power Windows Power Seats

i contacted ebay to see if they had any info and they said they would investigate the auction further because of the discrepencies in it.

listing as a 1976 mustang with 5 cyl...with pics of a 2005 GT-R

Slapyo said:
i contacted ebay to see if they had any info and they said they would investigate the auction further because of the discrepencies in it.

listing as a 1976 mustang with 5 cyl...with pics of a 2005 GT-R

Wow. What did you say to them. It's already been taken off eBay! That was fast!

Jason

i just asked if they had any further information on the vehicle up for auction because it is listed as a 1976 mustang but had pics for a 2005 mustang gt-r and the specs given were weird. they said they would investigate it.