07 GT problem

so im having issues with my 07 4.6. i have 241k miles on the body and 50k on the motor. i am misfiring at idle but not driving. i cant get over 3500 rpm. my cats were clogged so i gutted them it ran fine for about an hour then started misfiring again at idle. im eating oil like crazy but no leaks. any idea of what can be causing these issues

• Sponsors (?)

so im having issues with my 07 4.6. i have 241k miles on the body and 50k on the motor. i am misfiring at idle but not driving. i cant get over 3500 rpm. my cats were clogged so i gutted them it ran fine for about an hour then started misfiring again at idle. im eating oil like crazy but no leaks. any idea of what can be causing these issues
Does it blow white smoke out the back while it's running? If it's eating oil but not leaking, it has to be going somewhere. It's either in the coolant which will give you a nice chocolate milkshake, or in the cylinders, which will blow smoke out the back as it's burned.

Pull codes and look for oil in the inlet in and past the throttle body. You should have O2 sensor codes at the very least. Pull the plugs and see what's going on there. Post pics.

A cylinder balance test, compression and leak-down tests should also tell you something. You should check fuel pressure too.