17 x 10.5 Tires

poolee

Aug 24, 2003
melbourne, fl
Just picked up a set of 17x10.5 rims and I need tires. I really like the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3s, but tirerack is backordered and everyone else charges too much.

I like the Nitto-555R, but I'm not sure on the treadlife...any experiences?

I'm thinking 315/35 for the back and 245/45 for the front (9").

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

If you are going with the Nitto 555's on teh front, dont go any smaller than a 275 in the Nittos, they fit a little narrower than usual. I have 275/40's on a 17x8 wheel and they fit fine. I have the 555R's in 315/35 on a 17x10 wheel out back

I run the 555 dr on the rear(315's) they last about 10~12k miles depending on track usage(but they suck at the track ) .I need them to keep a little traction on the street.

I run a 17 x 9 in the front with a 255/45 <--- older cobra tire size.Fits great and doesnt track any worse than the stock size.

I have Nittos on my 17X10.5", I'm at my 2nd set and really like them.

I have 315/35-17 on the rear and stock Good Year 275/40 up front on 17X9" rims.

I don't go much at the track but when I go I put 15psi in them (no burnout) and they stick very good at least at the track I went.. :shrug:

fcab058a.jpg

fcab05dd.jpg

fcab061e.jpg

I did not do much with thread life with my first set( I got crazy with burn outs) but I'm guessing between 6 to 10K should be about right..
canada.gif

poolee said:
These are going on my daily driver, and it sucks in the rain now. Are the Nitto's really bad on water? Spring down here is like living in a monsoon.

If you get the 555 extreme all the way around you'll be fine. Now if you get the drag nittos in the back then it would be hard to drive, remember there somewhat slicks.

I actually dont think they (nitto 555) hook that good but lots better than the stock stuff. I like them and I have gotten probably around 17k on them so far but I will be getting the DR when I wear out the back ones, I currently dont go to the track that much but I plan to change that next year but I also want good streat traction.