1968-70 Mustang Shelby Taillight Bezels Help (Dynacorn 3643MD)

Hey everyone,

I am just curious if anyone has used these bezels without the vertical slats from Dynacorn. I ordered these in 2020 with the intent to install them on my 1965 resto-mod build. I got them out on Friday and started to mockup the taillight panel for install, only to find out that there is physically no way to mount these bezels and lenses to the taillight housing/bucket/panel. The housings came with hardware for installation, but looking at the bezels, there is no provision at all to install these.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• d1.jpg
    d1.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 32
  • d2.jpg
    d2.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 33
  • d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 28
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    268.6 KB · Views: 33
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 31
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Sponsors (?)

Looks like it sandwiched together as a unit and bolts from the inside of the tail panel
Thanks for the reply, Jim.

I thought that as well, as it would make the most sense. Unfortunately, the outermost bezel (chrome) has no space at all to attach a screw or anything else to. Maybe they want me to just use JB Weld? LOL It appears that these are unfinished, so they will either have to send me a pair that has provisions to be mounted, or they will just have to give me a refund and I will buy some from somewhere else.

Kinda sad that Dynacorn (manufacturer) doesn't even know how to attach them. I was asked if I had the correct taillight panel?!?!? :bang:

Hi Jim,

No, unfortunately that is not threaded, which was why I was asking if anyone else had bought these and installed them.

I did finally get a response this morning from a vendor on eBay that sells the bezel/lens kit as well. They told me that they take these specialty style screws that are used on 1967-1968 Mustangs. Thank you for your input. I have ordered these in hopes that they will do the job!

Attachments

• s-5115165165165165.jpg
    s-5115165165165165.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 26