Status
Not open for further replies.
Derail at the max!
images-40.jpeg

THAT is pretty funny..

I wonder though, (more OT).. In this day of black lives matter, political correctness, diversity, blah blah blah- why do I hear the word "cracker" now more than I have in my 45 years on Earth? Does that make sense? Sorry, just one of those little things that pisses me off, being one of the kids whose parents taught him to not say the N word, because that's NOT ok..

OK, /rant.

• Sponsors (?)

THAT is pretty funny..

I wonder though, (more OT).. In this day of black lives matter, political correctness, diversity, blah blah blah- why do I hear the word "cracker" now more than I have in my 45 years on Earth? Does that make sense? Sorry, just one of those little things that ****es me off, being one of the kids whose parents taught him to not say the N word, because that's NOT ok..

OK, /rant.
It's a political tool Allen.

How do you keep a group of people down? You make them into victims. Once you make them victims, you tell them who victimized them. Then, as the government, you pass laws to make it all better for the victims if they just come to the government for help. Then it's time to go after those victimizers and make them feel guilty first, for sht they have never done or will do in their lifetimes.

Once you feel guilt, the government comes after you because you need to pay for having victimized those poor (whomever).

There's your lesson on how to control a vast majority.

You stupid cracker!:notnice:

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
It's a political tool Allen.

How do you keep a group of people down? You make them into victims. Once you make them victims, you tell them who victimized them. Then, as the government, you pass laws to make it all better for the victims if they just come to the government for help. Then it's time to go after those victimizers and make them feel guilty first, for sht they have never done or will do in their lifetimes.

Once you feel guilt, the government comes after you because you need to pay for having victimized those poor (whomever).

There's your lesson on how to control a vast majority.

You stupid cracker!:notnice:

Bam. Schooled.

Reactions: 1 users
Bam. Schooled.
I could go deeper into it, my nephew and niece are mixed.

My niece seems to understand the difficulties better than my nephew.

He is a super intelligent guy that put himself through college and completed a masters degree in engineering, yet he will play and support the victimization crap to the hilt.

I tried reasoning with him how he has a gift that could be used to actually improve the lot in life for black americans.
No doing, he just gets angry with me, like he does with practically every news story that pops up.

His anger, I guess, makes him feel justified for being a jerk to people that love him.

The whole movement is filled with anger, hard to think right when you're angry.

Like what I was telling Mike about taking a break from bodywork when it gets real frustrating, because there is a breaking point that you will not be able to improve your work because you can't see clearly what it takes to fix things. Anger makes you want to throw things, reason helps you to fix things.

It's a matter of maturity, like a child throwing a fit because he can't have a piece of candy. But you would hope when a child becomes a man, he could put away those childish actions. Not so much when you are encouraged by the biggest bully on the block to break and burn stuff though.

When did my thread become the sounding board for political correctness, race relations, and victims rights?

Since it's MY thread,....AND since were talking about this stuff,.....I'll say this about that.

This is why I like this place, and the "twelve" that inhabit it that most frequently interact. After moving here, and coming from a liberal background, I've found that living in the south, and surrounding myself with the local contingent of car guys found me having to tolerate certain "views" as normal. I've even went as far as changing my vocabulary to not be labeled a smart ass yankee,....I became content to restrict my social interactions with my friends to either car related stuff, or shooting defenseless animals while sitting a camouflaged box.

When I started regularly participating here, It was refreshing to see the diversity of the community, and the overall level of intelligence that came with it. I didn't think it still existed. Matter of fact,.... on more than one occasion I've been asked by friends and acquaintances why I was interested in messing around with cars. ( As to imply that I was too smart to get dirty).

Living down here, and spending the better part of my life in the south has "hardened" my views on the first line topics. I still hold on to some of my liberal beliefs, but by far and large, have a more conservative outlook now days.

The big things that motivate people like Womens' rights, Gay rights, Gun laws, Social programs, Illegal aliens, The war (s) against terrorism, affirmative action, and the public's access to restricted information will find me on both sides of the aisle.

I heard a song this morning. I don't know whether of not it was an old blues song, or a slick remake that just sounded old, but the core message in the song was, when reduced to our basic element,......Blood....doesn't know what color or creed it came from. You can transfuse me with a black man's Type O neg, and I'm still gonna be me, and alive at the same time.

It just seems so simple. People can prove definitively that each human that walks the Earth is made up of exactly the same proportions of elements, and chemicals (water, sodium, sugar, ) the same elements (Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen,calcium) yet,...in a large percentage of perspectives we are not the same.

How is that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
When did my thread become the sounding board for political correctness, race relations, and victims rights?

Since it's MY thread,....AND since were talking about this stuff,.....I'll say this about that.

This is why I like this place, and the "twelve" that inhabit it that most frequently interact. After moving here, and coming from a liberal background, I've found that living in the south, and surrounding myself with the local contingent of car guys found me having to tolerate certain "views" as normal. I've even went as far as changing my vocabulary to not be labeled a smart ass yankee,....I became content to restrict my social interactions with my friends to either car related stuff, or shooting defenseless animals while sitting a camouflaged box.

When I started regularly participating here, It was refreshing to see the diversity of the community, and the overall level of intelligence that came with it. I didn't think it still existed. Matter of fact,.... on more than one occasion I've been asked by friends and acquaintances why I was interested in messing around with cars. ( As to imply that I was too smart to get dirty).

Living down here, and spending the better part of my life in the south has "hardened" my views on the first line topics. I still hold on to some of my liberal beliefs, but by far and large, have a more conservative outlook now days.

The big things that motivate people like Womens' rights, Gay rights, Gun laws, Social programs, Illegal aliens, The war (s) against terrorism, affirmative action, and the public's access to restricted information will find me on both sides of the aisle.

I heard a song this morning. I don't know whether of not it was an old blues song, or a slick remake that just sounded old, but the core message in the song was, when reduced to our basic element,......Blood....doesn't know what color or creed it came from. You can transfuse me with a black man's Type O neg, and I'm still gonna be me, and alive at the same time.

It just seems so simple. People can prove definitively that each human that walks the Earth is made up of exactly the same proportions of elements, and chemicals (water, sodium, sugar, ) the same elements (Oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen,calcium) yet,...in a large percentage of perspectives we are not the same.

How is that?
Very Utopian. I feel a koom by ya coming on. Oops, I was wrong, it was a nice cold beer instead.

It's not just Noobz Mike....

Last edited:

How is that?

If all folks from all walks of life took that outlook, we would live in a utopia, no doubt. Unfortunately, we don't. I don't know if we ever will. I try to do my part regularly to treat everyone the same across the board, regularly. Being religious, I look at every man as a creation of God with a soul just like mine. (Similar to Mike's scientific outlook) Unfortunately, not everyone else from my and other races share that outlook, and it gets to me often. What are you gonna do?

Reactions: 1 user
If all folks from all walks of life took that outlook, we would live in a utopia, no doubt. Unfortunately, we don't. I don't know if we ever will. I try to do my part regularly to treat everyone the same across the board, regularly. Being religious, I look at every man as a creation of God with a soul just like mine. (Similar to Mike's scientific outlook) Unfortunately, not everyone else from my and other races share that outlook, and it gets to me often. What are you gonna do?
Drinking works for me Allen.

I'm not very good at determining what is "Politically Correct" anymore.
The only way I can gauge if I've crossed that line is-if I'm the only one in a group of people laughing- line crossed.....

And...not sure if I qualify as one of of the twelve, but I gotta be at least thirteen lol

The culture I grew up in doesn't really have "political correctness". We call it like it is and usually don't take offense when there is a difference of opinion. But that is neither here nor there. Moving from South FL to the Midwest changed the general culture around me and I have adjusted my approach to conversations. I generally avoid conversations on politics and religion as a personal rule and only make exceptions to that rule if I am having the conversation with a close friend. I have my own opinions and I respect the right for everyone to be entitled to their own opinion. What I will not tolerate is someone who attempts to force their opinion on me or something that I see is blatantly wrong such as abuse or racism (unfortunately, as a Hispanic I have experienced instances of the latter after moving out here). As a result, I also restrict my conversations to common interests such as cars, hunting, etc. I wish everyone shared our vision of inclusiveness, but I've seen enough things to be pessimistic towards that ideal...especially in a world where anger seems to drown out common sense and logic....maybe I've said too much now...

Anyway, I apologize for the continued derail. I felt an obligation as one of the twelve (or maybe fourteen?) to weigh in.

It feels like a good time for beer now... [emoji482]

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 4 users
Are we still blocking a car in here, or just shooting the **** and drinking beer? I mean, I'm fine with it either way but I just need to know what I should be doing to help.

Wait a minute....there used to be a guy here posting things about a car, wasn't there?

It's been sooooo long though, I wonder if we'll ever hear from him again?:stick:

He's too busy being a genius. Pass me a beer.

"Squeak Squeak"

lol

Excuse me.

How far back in this thread was it that advice was offered to "let the car sit", and give myself a break from the monotony?

Seems that the last thing I said to anybody reading,that I had the upcoming mini vacay, and I'd be sitting on my ass, w/ nothing to do but drink and get sunburned, all while trying not to chew my arm off at the same time. Followed by another week in Greenville SC at BMW's corporate training center.

And only after all of that, could I return back to paddling in an upstream current with one oar.

Well?............

Anybody?........

:shrug:

For the record, Today starts that process. This evening, leaving straight from work, the Wife picks me up, and we drive to ATL for the night before boarding the super spartan airline carrier known as Spirit Air bound for Ft Lauderdale.

This will be the first job that I've ever had that I actually would almost rather stay and work.
It really isn't work,.........It's actually fun.

The idle time is actually bad for me. It leaves me no choice but to spend more time doing nothing. Doing nothing means giving the big brothers here a platform to correct my online bad behavior.
Wait a minute......:doh:

Ck that.

I finally see the forest for the trees.

If I have too much idle time, I'll answer more threads from new guys trying to know if with the right amount of bolted on this, or the right amount of bolted on that, if they'll be able to get a pig to fly.

I'll still be me, and answer those threads using offensive phrases like "When Hell freezes over", and "Not in a million years,"

That'll set off the Anti-Mike squad warning lights, and the front line first responders will rush to the aid of the voiceless, and Cyber-slap my hands for being such a meanie.

They'll say things like "I should stay out of certain threads", or that "I am a jerk," and to prove that I'm wrong, cite their own examples where even in their own personal instances could not even make their own pig fly, despite using even bigger pig wings than the new kid said he wanted to use.

Others will lament that w/o the occasional new kid getting on here, and Ignoring all of the stuff previously written since the dawn of Stangnet time, and asking the same question for the 40 bazillionth time, that "With out that 40 bazillionth and 1 version of the same question, we'd have nothing to talk about here"....

:dammit: What ever will we do?

So, in hindsight, I do have a purpose here after all.:banana:

I am a self-contained post count multiplier.:nice:

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Excuse me.

How far back in this thread was it that advice was offered to "let the car sit", and give myself a break from the monotony?

Seems that the last thing I said to anybody reading,that I had the upcoming mini vacay, and I'd be sitting on my ass, w/ nothing to do but drink and get sunburned, all while trying not to chew my arm off at the same time. Followed by another week in Greenville SC at BMW's corporate training center.

And only after all of that, could I return back to paddling in an upstream current with one oar.

Well?............

Anybody?........

For the record, Today starts that process. This evening, leaving straight from work, the Wife picks me up, and we drive to ATL for the night before boarding the super spartan airline carrier known as Spirit Air bound for Ft Lauderdale.

This will be the first job that I've ever had that I actually would almost rather stay and work.

The idle time is actually bad for me. It leaves me no choice but to spend more time doing nothing. Doing nothing means giving the big brothers here a platform to correct my online bad behavior.

Ck that.

If I have too much idle time, I'll answer more threads from new guys trying to know if with the right amount of bolted on this, or the right amount of bolted on that, if they'll be able to get a pig to fly.

I'll still be me, and answer those threads using offensive phrases like "When Hell freezes over", and "Not in a million years,"

That'll set off the Anti-Mike squad warning lights, and the front line first responders will rush to the aid of the voiceless, and Cyber-slap my hands for being such a meanie.

They'll say things like "I should stay out of certain threads", or that "I am a jerk," and to prove that I'm wrong, cite their own examples where even in their own personal instances could not even make their own pig fly, despite using even bigger pig wings than the new kid said he wanted to use.

Others will lament that w/o the occasional new kid getting on here, Ignoring all of the stuff previously written since the dawn of time, and asking the same question for the 40 bazillionth time, that with out that 40 bazillionth and 1 version of the same question, we'd have nothing to talk about here.

I never called you a meanie..

That said, I am really glad to see you have purpose here. :stick:

:D

Excuse me.

Well?............

Anybody?........

Ck that.

Others will lament that w/o the occasional new kid getting on here, and Ignoring all of the stuff previously written since the dawn of Stangnet time, and asking the same question for the 40 bazillionth time, that "With out that 40 bazillionth and 1 version of the same question, we'd have nothing to talk about here"....

:dammit: What ever will we do?

So, what you're saying is, "no, I haven't done anything".:D

So, what you're saying is, "no, I haven't done anything".:D
Nope, I am now down to one opportunity per week ( Thursday) to work on the car, with maybe an occasional Sunday thrown in if I get lucky. This Thursday is gone because of where I'll be, and Sunday I've been " tasked" to change out the Wife's pool liner ( an annual event )

I swear if it was up to me, there'd be a bare spot in the back yard where that POS used to be....

But it's not up to me.

Nope, I am now down to one opportunity per week ( Thursday) to work on the car, with maybe an occasional Sunday thrown in if I get lucky. This Thursday is gone because of where I'll be, and Sunday I've been " tasked" to change out the Wife's pool liner ( an annual event )

I swear if it was up to me, there'd be a bare spot in the back yard where that POS used to be....

But it's not up to me.
I'm just screwing with you anyhow Mike. I still think you need a breather and good for you that it's getting ready to start!

We'll talk more after your time out.

Status
Not open for further replies.