Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

Naw, gilla monsters are not made in cookie cutter patterns. If glue don't hold then some kind of brazing would likely suffice given it doesn't cause it's own problems.... if anything the head gasket would be the issue, but that is fixable as well.

Ooohhhh, good call. A bit esoteric, but very accurate.

I've always associated him with just being weird. I've seen all of his stuff worth mentioning (A clockwork orange, 2001 Space odyssey, Full metal Jacket, Eyes wide shut, and most regrettably.....The Shining)

Consider the eerie similiarities:

I'm painting a car Orange. The entire build has been an odyssey, It's completely covered in a full metal jacket, After careful consideration, several of the smaller projects required that I should've entered into them with my eyes wide open, and after next weekend.....will be shining.:eek:

Reactions: 5 users
The plan for today was to purchase the necessary materials, and build the partition walls that will basically allow us to use the garage as a paint booth. As soon as I got up, I went down to the garage and measured for the lumber that I thought I'd need to build this thing.

15 96" long studs. That is what I figured I'd need. I bought 5 el-cheapo 20" box fans, as the plan is to push air into the garage with air sourced from the house (I'll bet the wife'll like that)... Not that any fumes will get in, the fans are blowing air out of the house. The problem is that I'll be dumping the conditioned air out of the house as fast as the AC can put it in.

Fortunately, we plan to spray at 6-7 AM on Saturday morning.

I could tell you what I plan to do to facilitate that, but since I have pictures, I'll let that be the guide for today.

20160713_160142_zps97yjxd63.jpg

This door,......

20160717_183248_zpsozmwtoi1.jpg

Gets "plugged" with this insert. There are 3 of the 5 box fans stacked behind the filters.

The air will be exhausted through the overhead door opening..

20160717_183033_zps9fvncnbt.jpg

The little "escape hatch" will allow us to get in and out of the booth between coats.

20160717_183051_zpsunn6fbpd.jpg

Two fans sit in these boxes, I'll tape two additional filters over the inlet side of the fans to keep bugs out, (Even though there'll be air blowing out,...and it'll have to be one hell of a bug to fight that headwind.) But with my luck......

So,...why isn't there lumber in the middle?.......15 studs were not enough.

It just wouldn't be normal if I didn't have something to do over, extra, or because I didn't have enough of for me with this car. Why should I expect anything different?

I'll finish that up tomorrow after work. The center section is removable so that the car can be backed out, and the fenders, hood, and trunk can be painted separately.

That whole door opening gets covered in plastic. I'm gonna wait to do that till Friday morning, because plastic attracts it like a magnet.

5 days and a wake up.

That's all that's left.

Reactions: 5 users
Did you build the live stream camera stand?
In the world we live in raggedy that device is called a tripod. I have one already. I also have an old JVC MP4 Go-Pro wanna be that I bought when I thought I was gonna document alot of this stuff live.

Then I saw what I looked like on camera.

Then I put the camera back on the shelf.

Reactions: 3 users
In the world we live in raggedy that device is called a tripod. I have one already. I also have an old JVC MP4 Go-Pro wanna be that I bought when I thought I was gonna document alot of this stuff live.

Some of us are good looking like George Clooney and some of us are talented like Michelangelo.
Almost none of us are both...
Be happy to be like Michelangelo...

Like Stanley Kubrick said "Roll them, take 1..."

Reactions: 1 users

I'm sure it will work just as well on the shelf Mike.. No need to drag out the tripod.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.