1987 5.0 coupe with t-tops!!!!

Ford NEVER did a t-top car in between their walls, every convertible and ttop car was done by cars and concepts. It was a subletted job. And the reason I say this is cause there are no actual production numbers for ttop cars. I feel that if Ford did the ttops themselves there would be legitimate production numbers for the ttop cars.

• Sponsors (?)

way back in 87 a friend of mine and i went out there to cars and concepts but didn't go inside.i don't know or remember if we tried to go inside but we were in the parking lot .i checked my buck tag and sure enough the second line has the [ TR ] letters on iti thought the only thing was the vc label where there is a [D] under the sunroof option.i thought that was the only way to know if your car was an original t-top car or one that was done in someones garage.

Given your general situation, I would definitely recommend against dumping your clean '89 since you don't have a lot of money to do the ttop car right, and right now.

I agree with others who have suggested bagging the car for a low price and storing it. The car's condition has pretty much stabilized by now, so it can't get any worse. Keep enjoying your '89 and start banking your money. Over time, keep saving or find someone horny enough to give you a profit on the ttop.

I also agree that the prices/values of fox cars have bottomed out and are on their way up.

I'd hate to see you end up without your '89, without money and marooned with an undriveable ttop collecting dust somewhere. Every day lost is one less that you could have been out there hitting the streets with that unique style of 5.0 authority!

thisthread_is_worthless_without_pic.gif

MAC'n89Blckstng said:
Ford NEVER did a t-top car in between their walls, every convertible and ttop car was done by cars and concepts. It was a subletted job. And the reason I say this is cause there are no actual production numbers for ttop cars. I feel that if Ford did the ttops themselves there would be legitimate production numbers for the ttop cars.
Ford has production numbers for the T-roof. As does anybody that has access to Ford's archives, i.e. Marti Auto, etc.

Why would Ford not have that information? The T-roof option was just that, an option. It had a regular production order code (21D), a price, and a listing on the invoice, and as I posted previously, codes on the VCL, Buck Tag, and Build Sheet/Broadcast Sheet.

Production information is not something you're going to get from Ford by just calling or writing them and asking for it. They don't just hand it out to anybody.

Ford has production numbers for the T-roof. As does anybody that has access to Ford's archives, i.e. Marti Auto, etc.

Why would Ford not have that information? The T-roof option was just that, an option. It had a regular production order code (21D), a price, and a listing on the invoice, and as I posted previously, codes on the VCL, Buck Tag, and Build Sheet/Broadcast Sheet.

Production information is not something you're going to get from Ford by just calling or writing them and asking for it. They don't just hand it out to anybody.

i have a friend at work that asked me to give him my vin tag number and he would try to get me the numbers.this was months ago and i keep forgetting to write down my vin and doing this .i am going to write down my vin in a minute here and give it to him tomorrow and see what he can come up with.if i find out anything i will post

What/which "numbers" is this friend of yours going to try to get you and where is he getting them from?

trying to figured out how many were made with the t-top option for 1987-1988 years .no one has a specific number and being that 88 was the last year for t-roof option.the guy i work with might be able to get this info i gave him my vin and i will check back with him in a few days.

anything under 1k is a good deal on a coupe, when you own one you hear about them every couple months, I have pics of about 18 diff. cars, so who knows how many there are, but people seem to pay 500-1k more when the car is running. its not like finding a shelby daytona coupe in a barn

Will the info ever be released?

Last i heard, Marti Auto only did '79 so far? :shrug:
Marti has all of the info through '89, I think, but they only have Marti Reports available through '79 and Eminger Invoices available through '81. Any reports or invoices later than that is still being worked on.